Chaper 23 ~ jinenji, kind demon

" an herbal antidote? ! " maya yelled really loud . Sango and kirara are resting in the hut behind them . " girl your too loud do you want the whole forest to know what we are doing ?" Jasmine  said . " ooops my bad " maya responded shyly. " myoga , kirara will be ok once we give it to her right ?" Sara said concerned. " yes ..... supposedly there's a village with an herb farm . But it's protected by a demon . I don't know if you will be able to get it that easily ." Myoga said from her shoulder crossing her arms .

" we have to get that antidote Inyuasha!" Maya said whining . " kirara bit naraku unlike myoga so it's the least I can do " Inyuasha said . " and she's very useful in battle not to mention is the cutest thing I have ever seen . " maya added.
" wait you guys Myoga  is very useful like .. for example .... " Sara stoped for a moment to think of a good example while Myoga got mad.
" shippo you should stay here for safety " maya instructed but he  pouted like a little kid . " " I'll also be staying just in case " Miroku said to them.
As the the group went on their way towards the village. Jasmine was skating next to Sara as she rode her pink bike with maya sitting behind her .  Inyuasha was running next to the bike as well.
Eventually the group arrived at the outskirt of the village.
" are we there yet ? " maya says to Sara while laying her head on her shoulder. " yes " Sara responded but the groups attention goes to a group of villagers carrying a dead corpse of a peasant women .
" she's the third victim " one villager said .
" I wonder if it's the work of jinenji "
" of course that monster did this !"
" we can't let him get away with this ?! But .. what do we do ?"

A frown appears on Inyuashas face as he towards the villagers who stop in their tracks . " is this jinenji a demon?" Inyuasha demanded.
" w...who are you ? " one villager asked nervously.
" a demon " Inyuasha states .
maya , Jasmine and Sara smile nervously .
"Huh !?" The villagers take a step back out of fear .
" don't worry Inyuasha won't hurt you " maya say reassuring them .

" listen we are just looking for some medical herbs for a friend who's sick . " sara explained.
" medical herbs ?"
" that's the farm that monster killed this women !?"
" who exactly is jinenji ? " Jasmine said confused.
" he's a large monster that live on the edge of our village . "
" can you take us there ? " maya said to the villagers.
"What?!"
" just take us there please . We came here for herbs . " sara said calmly as the villagers looked at them confused.

The villagers guide the group to the herb farm on the outskirt of the village. Once they arrive the group hurriedly hides behind the bushes.
They watch jinenji work on the herb farm .
" that's jinenji ?  " Jasmine  says
" I know he's really scary right ?!" The villagers responded.
Inyuasha scoffed. "He's just big that's all."
" you really think you can slay him ? " one villager asked .
" yeah in addition to get the herbs . Maya , Jasmine , and Sara stay here ." With that he jumps out of his hiding spot and heads towards jinenji.

The villagers began to whisper to earth other .
" is that boy strong ?"
" who cares ? It's a fight between demons "
" does it matter who wins ?"
The girls look at the villagers with frowns .

" what's wrong with these people ?" Sara whispered to her best friends.
Inyuasha lands in the middle of the herb garden and called out to jinenji. " are you the cannibalistic demon ? I'm gonna kill you , so prepare  yourself " he definitely catches the demons attention but when he sniffed the air . He noticed something strange about him .

" he doesn't smell of human blood " but before he could do anything . Jinenji wince once a sharp rock slice his cheek . Inuyasa turns around and saw the villagers throwing rocks at the demon . Jinenji does nothing but ducked down , his arms raised to protect his face .

" ma ! Ma ! " tears spilled from jinenjis eyes . An old women comes out carrying a log bigger then her and hits Inyuasha on the head with it causing him to knock out on the floor .
" the kids down " one villager says
" so weak " another one says
Maya  gives  them the death stare and they all scream and run like little girls .

" I don't know what the villagers put you up to but my child will never eat a human because he's half demon ! " the old women spat .
"Half demon " the girls say together .
Fedwa apologies to the old women and explained why they came . She then invited them into her hut .
The old women explained to the group sad stories of how her son was bullied by the villagers wishing for his death . The girls felt terrible hearing it.

Jinenji hands sara the antidote he made . " thank you so much " sara says giving him a warm smile . " how much do we owe you ? " maya  asked . "Never that , we're even now since I gave him a clubbing. Now go . If you say you'll get caught up ."  She says they start to walk back . " I don't feel right leaving them like this " maya said. " you'll just become a nosy body. You shouldn't stick your nose into other peoples business " Inyuasha said to her . " but she's right though .. I feel bad " sara said .
" the villagers are so wrong about him . He's so sweet and kind " Jasmine said angrily. " that's why he's picked on .

When your born half demon , you need to be prepared and tough." Inyuasha says before walking firmly away . " do you think Inyuasha also experienced something thing like this ? " maya said watching Inyuashas back turned ahead . " well he looks pretty upset even if doesn't want to say it " Jasmine told her .

As the group walked down the path right back to the rest of their group they ran into men villagers with weapons getting ready to raid .
" we must kill him before he kills us !"

a frown appears on the three girls face . As they walk up to the group of men . " What are you guys up too!? " maya said yelling at them.
" what !? " they say looking at them before noticing it was just them . " please tell me you don't plan on still killing him!?" Sara said .
" of course " one of the men said .
" they are innocent ! " Jasmine said
" the hag and her son are monsters " they shouted.
" well if your looking for a monster look in the mirror " maya said sarcastically.

Inyuasha scowls , " hey you ,you've been awfully cruel to jinenji, haven't you? He demanded, causing the villagers to flinch in surprise at his words as the half demon sighed , well anyway, unless the real flesh eating demon is captured, this won't be resolved.
" real flesh eating demon ?"
" your gonna capture it ?"
" Inyuasha we are going back to the farm  " sara  said to him.
" so until Inyasha gets back please don't attack jinenji." Jasmine said in confidence to the villagers.
" if we get caught up and hurt ... this Inyuasha will wreak havoc in the village." Maya said pointing towards him.
" huh ? What ?! " Inyuasha say blushing.
" you better wreak havoc ! You have too! " maya yelled at him
" well ..... I guess I can... " he said avoiding eye contact.
~
" the villagers did ? " the old women inquired as she bend down to pluck the herbs  from the soft soil .
" yes " fedwa answered , " until jinenji innocence has been proven , well help you with the farm .
The old women exhaled " do what you please "
The girls walk over to where jinenji is working. He was weeding out the weeds and he tenses up when they approached him , looking anywhere but at them .
" do we need to pull out the weeds ? " sara inquired gently.
" y- yes " the large demon replied nervously.
The girls squat down to pluck out the weeds , jinenji moves slightly away form the girls  feeling very nervous .
" it's so beautiful here jinenji don't you think ? " sara said trying to make conversation.
" y- yeah this place is the best . My pa left it to us ." Jinenji answered.
" I see " sara said
" you have a really nice father to leave you this place ." Maya said joining the conversation.
" yea! " Jasmine said.
" t- thanks " jinenji said .
" i- m speaking to them .. for the first time in my life I spoke to girls ! " jinenji thought happily giving the girls small glances here and there .