Chapter 31

Regina's P.O.V.

The constant running of fabric through my hands didn't do wonders for my skin. My hands weren't necessarily uglier, but they didn't feel as soft as they used to and I decided that I desperately needed a manicure again. It'd been a while.

Emma had to arrive home any moment now. I'd cleaned up the apartment a bit, because I'd been home for about an hour now and I desperately craved Emma's touch. I didn't want anything distracting her.

"Regina!" she greeted me excitedly when she entered her own apartment. She always greeted me so happily and I always loved it.

I got off the couch and received Emma's hug gladly. She kissed my lips gently and cupped my cheeks. I loved the feeling of Emma in my arms.

"How was your day?" she asked and I ran my hands through her hair. She smelled like a mixture of cinnamon and tomato soup.

"Interesting," I said, "but first tell me why there's.." I picked a piece of tomato from her hair, "tomato in your hair."

"Oh, crap, I thought I'd gotten it all out. Abigail wanted to make tomato soup, but the tomatoes weren't exactly ripe anymore and then a fight erupted and everyone started throwing tomatoes, it was childish, but very much fun. Why was your day interesting?"

"First, let's take a shower and then I'll talk," I said.

"Let's?" Emma quirked an eyebrow and smirked.

"Emma, dear, it's been four days. I'm going to have sex with you whether it's in a shower or a bed."

Emma laughed loudly and pulled me with her to the bathroom. She quickly stripped herself off her clothes, but I took my time slowly removing mine. I loved how Emma stared and didn't even try to hide it.

"I gotta have you now," Emma hastily said and pulled me close to her. She kissed me fiercely and I relaxed in her embrace when I felt her tongue against my own. I wanted to stay like this forever, until the tomato smell became too intense.

"Shower," I demanded and we both got in.

Every time I got to touch Emma's body, it felt like a blessing. She was so pretty, so incredibly sexy and so toned. And above all that, she knew how to pleasure me. It was always different and always good. I didn't think I'd ever get bored with her, not physically and not emotionally. I didn't want to lose her and I hoped I wouldn't. It was the one thing that made me dread telling her I got a new offer.

~~~~

"I thought you were taking a long break." Emma's voice sounded indignant. She had a towel wrapped around her head and was carrying two mugs of hot tea. I was lying on the couch in my pajamas.

"Well, it's been three months."

"Three months?!" Emma kept quiet for a moment and seemed to recount the time I'd spent living in her apartment in her head. "Right. We're officially together for two months, tomorrow. That's not that long."

"It isn't," I agreed. It felt like Emma and I had been together for years. Even though I still learned new things about her every single day, I felt more at home with her than I'd ever felt with anyone else. "But I'm afraid my agents are going to drop me if I don't take on a new job, soon."

"When you talked about a break, I initially thought you intended on taking a five year break," Emma said and joined me on the couch. I put my feet on her lap and sighed softly.

I'd told Emma I wanted to take a break one of the first times I'd seen her. At that time, I'd dreamt of a years long vacation where I'd never have to stress or work, but I already felt the pressure of losing my agents, of losing the interest of the people, of losing my career. I couldn't give it all up like this and I knew I had to go on this audition.