Chapter 9

Peter arrived just before dinner, where everyone (Tony, Steve, Loki, Thor, Clint, Nat, Bruce, Stephen) ate together. Clint got burgers and fries for everyone and they all ate talking happily.

"So, dad, Steve how was your date?" Tony spat out his drink and Steve chocked on his burger. Loki smiled in amusement while Thor and Clint laughed. Stephen chuckled and Nat and Bruce smirked. "W-What date?" stuttered Tony nervously. Nat rolled her eyes as Steve swallowed his food. "You and Steve went on a date yesterday right?" "How do you know Pete?" asked Steve earning a glare from Tony "I figured it out when i was sick and i made a bet with Uncle Loki." everyone turned and Loki shrugged.

"Wait, but you bet with me that they WOULD get together." said Nat. Loki nodded "I did. But i believed it would take longer than two months. Peter thought differently. he was right." "How much money did you make Pete?" asked Clint grinning and Tony huffed. Peter smiled and shook his head "I didn't ask for any money." "What then?" asked Bruce with a tilt of his head. "Uncle Loki promised to take me anywhere in the world for the day." grinned Peter. "Are you sure brother?" asked Thor. Loki ruffled Peters hair "I hate and tolerate most people. I like him. I don't mind. Where are we going child?" Peter took a deep breath "Take me to visit Aunt May for the day."

Everyone froze. Peter looked around with a raised brow and hopeful eyes "She's really busy Pete." said Tony thinking fast "That's why I'm going to her. I miss her. Even if it's just to see her." "Can't you just wait for her kid?" asked Clint trying to help out. Peter frowned and scanned everyone "What's going on? Why can't i see May?" "It's not that you can't Peter-" "No. You've kept me from talking and seeing her for weeks now. What's going on? What's wrong with Aunt May?!" said Peter cutting Tony off.

"Nothing. She's just really busy kid." said Stephen. Peter glared at them "You're lying. All of you are lying. Why?" the argument was cut off by JARVIS "Tony an incoming call from May Parker." Tony stared at Peter in horror and went to tell the AI to put the call to his phone but Peter beat him to it "Answer Jarvis." "Mr. Stark? It's-It's Dr. Malfoy from the hospital." Peters eyes widened "I was calling to tell you bad news I'm afraid. Due to the head trauma the accident caused and the damage to her internal organs we couldn't do much. The doctors you sent tried as well but nothing worked. I'm really sorry to have to tell you that....May Parker died two hours ago. Her body will arrive back in America by tomorrow. I'm really sorry for your loss.... I'm sorry, bye." "Call ended."

The room was quiet as they processed what the doctor said. May was dead. Peters last family was dead. Tony lied. He lied to him. Peter should have been there, he should have helped her. They all watched as tears streamed down Tony and Peters face "Peter-" tried Tony softly. Peter turned to him looking betrayed "You lied to me. You all lied. I should have been there. I could have helped her. I shouldn't of let her go. This is all my fault. She's gone. She's gone and i did nothing." "Peter it wasn't your fault." said Tony standing up. Peter jumped up and away "No! You lied! I trusted you but you lied. All of you." "I did it to protect you." "I don't want your protection! You're not my dad! I hate you1 Stay away! Just stay away form me!" Peter ran to the window and shot a web slinging out "Peter!" called Tony running but Peter ignored him and kept going.

Tony chocked on a sob and slid down the wall with his head in his hands gripping his hair "Oh god. What have i done. May. May what have i done?" "Tony. Tones. It's going to be ok. He just need to cool off. Find Peter. Make sure he's alright. Go." ordered Steve, the rest nodded and left, while Steve pulled Tony onto the couch and held him on his lap. Steve rubbed soothing circles on Tony's back as the man cried into his chest "It's ok baby. It's ok." "How is it ok?! She's gone! She's gone." Steve just kissed his head and hugged him "I'm so sorry baby."

Peter sat on the roof of a tower far away from the others. He gripped his hair crying "Please tell me I'm dr-dreaming. Make it a-a dream. please make it a dream. not May please. P-Please May. M-May. Aunt May please come b-back. Not A-Aunt May. W-Wake me up. Please wake me up. May come back. M-May p-p-p-p-please."

Peter cried until there were no more tears left

Peter cried until there were no more tears left. He felt his eyes droop and the world go Black.

--------------

"I've found him. I'll meet you all back at the tower. Let's go child. You really are special. making a god like me worry." he picked up the teen and Peter snuggled into his chest " 'Sorry Uncle Loki." "It's ok child. Sleep."