Chapter 5

After dinner Peter went to bed saying goodnight and closing his room door. Tony and Steve sat in the living room. Tony was in deep thought about May and Peter that he didn't realize himself slip into a panic attack. 

"Mister Rogers Tony's heartbeat is abnormally high. i believe he is having a panic attack." said JARVIS when Steve went to get himself water. "Shit." Steve ran into the living room to find Tony huddled in the corner sucking in deep breaths with a panic stricken face. He ran to him and sat in front of him on his knees "Hey Tony? Tony i need you to breath for me. Can i you do that? Tony. It's ok. Everything ok." nothing seemed to work so the older man brought Tony's hand to his chest over his heartbeat 

"Tony, i need you to follow my breathing. Come on Baby just a little." Tony's head snapped up and his eyes widened "W-What?" Steve let relief flood him "Breath with me. I need you to calm down. Can you do that for me?" Steve asked. He was gentle with his words and his actions. Something nobody was when handling Tony. He felt safe, he could be himself. He didn't have to be strong or sarcastic for anyone. he could be who he wanted to be. Before he knew it his breathing was back to normal and he was practically on Steve's lap. "There you. That's good." praised Steve. Tony internally lit up at the words and calmed down completely.

"Are you ok?" asked Steve gently. "Y-Yea. Thanks Steve." "Don't mention it." "No. I mean it. Thank you. For everything." Steve just smiled "You're welcome Tony." the man smiled slightly before blushing. Steve tilted his head "Are you ok?" Hiding his face in his hands Tony told him "You called me baby." Steve's eyes widened and he turned fifty shades of red making Tony chuckle a bit. "Shit. Tony i am so sor-" "Did you just swear?" asked Tony looking bewildered "Captain America just said a bad word. Tsk. So disappointing." teased Tony. Steve glared but smiled "Shut up." Tony chuckled and Steve blushed slightly remembering why he was apologizing. 

"Are you going to say you didn't mean it?" Steve snapped out of his thoughts when Tony spoke softly "What?" "That's what you were going to say. That's what you called me was a mistake and that you were trying to help. Right? That you don't want me. Of course you don't. I'm sorry for pulling you into this Steve." Tony wiped a tear and stood up. But Steve stood up with him and grabbed his hand making him turn around.

"If you want me to say that then i will....but I've always hated lying." Tony wiped another tear and Steve pulled him into his arms. "It's ok. I'm right here. I promise not to go anywhere. Ok?" Tony nodded into his chest "Ok."

**********************************************

Peter woke up the next day sneezing and coughing. He had a pounding headache and his nose was stuffed "Ugh. No." "Peter are ok? Your temperature is really high. I detect a cold." "Really JARVIS? I didn't notice." said Peter rolling his head 'shouldn't do that. head hurts.' "I detect sarcasm." "Just leave me alone." "I will dim the lights and let Tony know." "No." "Already done." he was thankful for the lights but he didn't want Tony to know. he was enough trouble as it is.

Tony woke up at the sound of his AI "Tony Peter has a cold. I think he needs you. He doesn't sound good." "What? Cold?" jumped up Tony. "Yes." "Get me Bruce." "Yes boss."

Tony came into Peter room and ran to the bed touching the boys forehead "Shoot. You're heating up kid." Peter smiled sleepily "I always knew i was hot." Tony couldn't help chuckle at him "Well you're hotter now." just then Bruce came in and checked Peter over "Tony an incoming call." "From who?" "Pepper Potts." Tony's eyes widened "Answer it Tony." said Bruce with a nod. Tony left the room and took out his phone answering "Hello?" "Hello Mister Stark. I have resigned my position as CEO. Therefore i am calling to inform you that you have your position back and have a meeting in twenty minutes. I have hired anew secretary for you as well." "Pepper? Pepper come on. Are you serious?" "You chose that rat over me. Of course I'm serious." Tony felt his blood boil. "Goodbye Miss Potts." with that he hung up and sighed.

"Are you ok Tony?" "Yea JAR, no one insults my son. No matter who they are. Is Bruce done examining him?" "Yea i am." Tony turned around to find Bruce coming towards him "Ho is he?" "Just a cold. His powers are fighting. he should be fine by tomorrow night for the latest. but it's going to be a shitty day for him." Tony groaned "Are you free?" "Sorry, no. I have work. I think Steve is." Tony immediately blushed at the name "Tones. You ok?" "Huh? um, oh yea. I'm ok. J where's Steve?" "He's currently with Miss Romanov and Mister Barten boss." "Great. tell al three of them to meet on my floor in five minutes. thanks Brucy. I'll take it from here." "No problem Tony. See ya." Bruce left and Toney ran jumping into the shower.

Steve, Clint and Nat came into the living room to find two cases on the table. One was black while the other was blue with a red stripe. Clint and Nat sat on the couch while Steve looked for Tony. "Tony?" he called stepping into the mans room only to freeze at the sight before him. Tony stood in front of him with navy blue trousers, black shoes, a dark blue shirt that was unbuttoned showing his abbed chest and a navy blue blazer over. He was fixing his hair in the mirror when he caught a glimpse of Steve. He spun around looking relieved "You're here. Peters sick. Pepper quit so i have meeting in like two minutes. I cant leave the kid alone. Do you guys mind watching him please? Ill be quick as possible." he kept rambling but was cut off when Steve pressed their lips together.

If anyone ever asks Tony did not squeak. Moaning slightly he relaxed as Steve held him by the waist. They pulled back and Tony blinked while Steve caressed his cheek with his thumb "Breathe for me. We'll watch him. Peter will be fine. If anything happens I'll let you know right away. Ok?" Tony took a deep breathe and nodded.

 "Thanks." "No problem. Are you ready?" Tony put on his black watch and took his sunglasses nodding "Ready." before he could walk out of the room he felt Steve grab his arm "What?" Steve gave him a look and Tony down blushing. his shirt was still unbuttoned. Steve chuckled and moved forward slowly buttoning the shirt, while Tony rethought his life choices. "There. Done." said Steve and he lead Tony down the hallway.

 "Thanks again." "It's ok. Now go." said Steve as they stood at the entrance o the living room. Tony nodded and walked picking up the black case. he turned around "Wait." he ran back kissing Steve's cheek and smiled "See you later." Steve smiled back "See you later." Tony ran out of the room pulling out his hone as the elevator doors closed.

"Pay up babe." Steve jumped when he heard Nat speak up. He looked to see a pouting Clint and smirking Nat "Guys! I-I forgot you were here." "We know." smiled Nat Steve glared and they chuckled "Tell everyone." said Clint and Nat nodded taking out her phone "Me, Loki, Stephen and Bruce are rich." "You bet on this?" asked Steve "Of course." said Clint like it was obvious. Steve shook his head and went to check on Peter. He was still fast asleep so he went back to the living room.