29 - serum

Dressed as WCKD guards, you and Thomas brought Teresa into the large building. She slowed down after entering through the door, receiving a little push from you. "Don't stop." You ordered.

After a few meters, Newt joined you, now walking through the building in threes before Gally joined as well. You entered a staircase, making Gally stop.

"Wait up. I can enter here. Throw me the walkie." He ordered, catching the walkie-talkie Thomas tossed him. Gally and Thomas went downstairs while Newt was leaning on the banisters, coughing slightly as he opened his helmet.

You shielded him from Teresa once you grabbed his upper arm gently. "Hey, you okay? You sure you don't wanna sit this out?" You asked, searching his eyes.

"I'll be fine as long as we can get Minho out of here." He answered. You nodded, tilting his face downwards so you could wipe the sweat from his forehead.

You entered through a door once Gally and Thomas rejoined you, shooting the guards that were in your way. You opened the cell doors and let the kids out, but Minho wasn't there.

You checked every cell before locking eyes with Thomas. "Shit. He's not here. Where is he?" He asked, getting in Teresa's face. "Somebody's moved him up to the medical wing. Thomas, that's on the other side of the building." She answered, looking at Minho's file.

"Okay, take me to him. Right now." Thomas ordered, packing his things. "Alright, we're coming with you." Newt said, taking his helmet. "Newt, no, you're not. You have to stay here, wait with Gally for the serum."

"You can't do this on your own. Minho comes first, remember?" Newt spoke back, raising his eyebrows. "Just go. We're wasting time. I'll get the serum. We'll meet you out back." Gally said.

"Okay, fine. Let's go. Come on." You said, pushing Teresa out of the room with Newt and Thomas following. "Hey, greenie." Gally spoke up, making Thomas turn around.

"Good luck."

The four of you entered an elevator. Right before the doors could close, Janson entered as well. "Hold it." He spoke, coming to a stop next to Teresa.

"You're working late. See, that's what I like about you, Teresa. No matter how bleak things get, you just, well, you never give up. Times like this, you need a friend that you can count on."

"I'll bear that in mind." Teresa answered, not looking at him. "There is one thing you should know. One friend to another. Thomas is here. A surveillance picked him up outside the walls. Ava didn't want you to know but there is a chance that he may try to contact you, and if he does, well, I'd like to think that I'd be your first call."

"Are you going to kill him?" Teresa asked, looking at Janson. "Would that be a problem?" Janson asked right before the elevator stopped.

"This is me." Teresa spoke, all of you following after her. "Thomas, you need to listen to me. Getting that serum won't save Newt. It might buy him some time, but-"

"Just ignore her. She's trying to get inside your head." Newt said, grabbing her arm. "I'll meet you back outside, I'm gonna meet back up with Gally." You spoke, walking in another direction.

You met back up with Gally, who was about to bring the kids to Brenda. "Okay, we need to get out of here now. You stay close to us. Stick together."

You grabbed the bag from Gally and gave it to one of the boys. "You. You guard this with your life. You understand?" You asked, making him nod in return.

"All right. Let's go."

You and Gally ran through the building, the kids following right behind you. Once you reached the car park, the kids were right at your feet so you could lead them straight to Brenda.

"Brenda. Where are you? We're here." Gally spoke into his walking right before a bus appeared in front of you. You led them inside, turning to Brenda.

"Where is Thomas?" She asked. "We were hoping he was with you." Gally answered, you and Brenda sharing a shocked expression.

"Wait, wait. Stay here with the kids. We'll find him. Just wait for us." You said, pulling Gally onto the streets while putting on your helmet.

You reached WCKD's main quarters, seeing an object flying from one of the higher floors down into a water tank. You saw three figures standing behind the hole the object had ripped into the glass, recognizing them as your cousin, boyfriend and Minho.

Guards cornered the tank once they had jumped out of the hole, screaming the entire way down. Thomas gave Janson, who was looking down from the hole, the finger before swimming off.

As they had reached the end of the tank, they sighed upon seeing the guards. You nodded towards Gally and shot the other guards one after the other before pulling off your mask. "You're insane." You mumbled, helping them up.

Once you locked eyes with Minho, you immediately hugged him, crying upon seeing your best friend. "Gally?" Minho mumbled once you'd let go.

"Minho. You guys are nuts."