20 - WCKD property

It took some time, but after a while, Teresa managed to grab onto the lever with the boys' help. She pulled it down, lowering her bum on the ground.

She untied the knots around her feet before standing up, grabbing a pole she could pull you towards the ground with. Before all of you could stand on your own feet, you could hear an engine from above.

"Good evening! This is the World Catastrophe Killzone Department. We have your compound completely surrounded! You find yourselves, through no fault of your own, in possession of WCKD property. Return them to us unharmed, and we will consider this a simple misunderstanding. Or you can resist, and every last one of you will die. It won't be long before the Flare wipes out the rest of us. The hope of a cure lies in your hands. The choice is yours."

After every one was untied, you followed Thomas around the room, when, suddenly, the cocking of a gun could be heard. The man from earlier, Barkley, was standing in front of you.

"We are not trying to cause any trouble, okay? We just got to get out of here." your boyfriend tried to negotiate. "Is that so?" Barkley smirked before holding a walkie-talkie up to his mouth.

"Janson, I got 'em for ya. I'm bringing 'em down. Don't shoot us. Come on. Let's go. I said let's go."

Thomas slapped the gun towards the ceiling, making the shot Barkley took fly into nothingness. Thomas and Barkley fought for the weapon before Thomas was pushed back, now at gunpoint.

"You little bastard!" Barkley cursed, a shot being fired right after. You immediately looked towards Thomas, only to see him completely fine. However, Barkley grunted before falling to the floor.

Brenda appeared behind him with a gun pointed towards the traitor. "Okay. Come on." she spoke, gesturing her head towards the door. "Come on. Let's go."

She was your best chance at survival, so you ran after her with the boys following behind. While running through the building, a song started playing on the speakers.

When you met up with Jorge, he ushered you towards a window. "Brenda, hurry up! We don't have much time! Let's go, let's go, let's go! Right this way."

"Oh, you gotta be kidding me." Fry mumbled, seeing the cable car leading to one of the surrounding buildings.

"Plan B, hermano. You kids wanna get to the Right Arm? I'll lead you to them. But you're gonna owe me. Follow me!" Jorge screamed before jumping out of the window.

Minho was the first one to follow after Jorge, right before Newt and Aris. You followed behind Aris, the next being Teresa. You waited for Thomas and Brenda to arrive, but they never made it back to you.

You didn't sleep well that night. Jorge assured you that Brenda knew another way out and Thomas would be with her. Perhaps, he told you that to also assure himself.

Jorge led you to a man called Marcus who could supposedly help you get to the Right Arm. He owned some kind of shady club that made you extremely uncomfortable upon entering.

Apparently, Newt and Minho felt the same way. Because Thomas wasn't there to do so, Minho immediately switched into protective big brother mode upon noticing drunk and drugged men staring at you.

After finally finding Marcus, and, after a while, Thomas and Brenda, you were sitting on the bed Thomas was resting on. Jorge was interrogating Marcus on what he knew about the Right Arm.

Suddenly, Thomas stirred in his sleep and woke up. "Hey. Hey. You're okay." Teresa told Thomas, smiling down at him. "Hi. We have to stop meeting like this."

"Welcome back, you ugly shank." Minho smirked, appearing behind Teresa. "You worried me, idiot." you said, flicking his forehead lightly. He smiled, grabbing your hand.

"I suggest that you talk! You son of a bitch!" Jorge screamed before punching Marcus, making the man groan in return. "I'm sorry, you're going to have to leave my house."

"Looks like you've been having fun." Newt commented towards Thomas, sending a smirk his way. "Listen. I don't enjoy hurting you. Okay? Where is the Right Arm, Marcus?"

"Wait, this is Marcus?" Thomas asked, now realizing the man had tricked both, him and Brenda. Marcus looked over towards your boyfriend before laughing.

"The kid catches in quick. Are you the brains of the operation?" he asked, sarcastically. You pushed yourself away from the couch, Thomas dropping your hand.

You walked towards Marcus and put your boot on his chest, applying enough pressure so the chair would tilt back but he wouldn't fall. His feet stopped touching the ground.

"As a matter of fact, I am the brains of the operation. If you have fifty percent of the intelligence you act like you have, I suggest you start talking to us."

Jorge grabbed Marcus' hair, tiling his head back as you put your foot back on the ground. "I know you know where they're hiding. So you tell us, and we'll make you a deal. You can come with us." he spoke, gesturing between you and him.

"I burned that bridge a long time ago. Besides, I made my own deal. You're the one who taught me, never miss an opportunity." Marcus laughed.

"What's he talking about?"

"I'm talking about supply and demand. WCKD wants all the Immunes they can get. I help provide that for them. So I lure the kids in, they get drunk, they have a good time. And then, later, WCKD comes in, they separate the wheat from the chaff." Marcus explained.

"I changed my mind, hermano. I do enjoy hurting you." Jorge grumbled, kicking his boot against Marcus' chest, making the man tumble over.

Jorge pulled out a gun and held it towards Marcus' face. "Talk! Talk!" he screamed. Thomas moved towards both of them, ready to hold back Jorge in case things got
out of hand.

"Okay! Jesus! But I'm not making any promises. These guys like to move around." Marcus spoke. You and Jorge pulled the chair he was sitting on up, so he was now in a normal position again.

"They have an outpost in the mountains. But it's a long way away. You got half of WCKD on your ass. You're never gonna make it." Marcus smirked, looking between you and Jorge.

"Not on foot. Where's Bertha?"

"Not Bertha."