01 - how you met

'A normal life' had never been something you knew. Growing up within WCKD's hands shaped your imagination of a normal life.

'Normal' was something you considered to be waking up, getting ready, having breakfast, being experimented on, hanging out with your friends, having dinner and going to bed again.

Occasionally, you and your friends would have sleepovers without WCKD knowing. Your boyfriend, Thomas, and your friend, Teresa, were never with you during that time.

You were never okay with the fact that they worked with WCKD. Thomas just wanted to do his job, you knew that, but what WCKD did never sat right with you.

When Alby was sent into the maze, you knew Thomas wasn't confident in his job anymore. He started questioning WCKD's intentions and if what they did was right.

It was only a matter of time until he would do something stupid. It was only when he found you crying in your room, holding your cousin's shirt close to your chest, that he reached his breaking point.

What hurt the most was seeing him slowly loosing hope. Every day, he'd run the maze with Minho, coming back without hope every day. You knew he couldn't do it much longer.

You begged Ava Paige to send you up, but she refused. You knew it might have been dumb asking her that, but Newt was the only family you had left, and you knew you would find back to each other even without your memories.

When you started rebelling against WCKD, around one and a half years after Newt was sent up, WCKD decided to send you up as well.

You and Thomas had been dating for around seven months when he got told you would be sent up as well, three months after Newt. He didn't know how to break the news to you without hurting you.

Even though he'd never told you, he was deeply in love with you. Neither of you had ever said the big three words. It would hurt even more to say it now.

So, without another word from him, you got sent up into the glade. This is where your new life begins.