13 - important

Once the griever spotted you, it screeched and ran up to you. The boys tried injuring it with their spears, only for the griever to dodge. It grabbed a boy and threw him over the edge, everyone screaming in shock.

It tried stabbing Teresa. When she stabbed its leg with her machete, Chuck dropped the key. It rolled towards the edge, the young boy running after it.

When he grabbed it, half of his body was hanging over the edge. He could see another griever climbing up the wall. You and Teresa grabbed his bag, dragging him back up.

"We got you, Chuck."

"Pull me up, pull me up!"

Meanwhile, the boys were able to push the first griever over the edge, only to see Chuck, Teresa and you running away from a second and a third one.

Minho handed you a spear, enabling you to help them fight the griever. At the same time, Teresa and Chuck went to open the doors with the key.

You couldn't hear complete sentences because everyone started screaming, the only thing you tried doing was pushing or injuring the grievers.

Another boy was thrown over the edge before you heard Teresa screaming at Thomas. "Thomas! There's a code! Eight numbers!" she explained.

"Eight sections to the maze. Hey, Minho! What's the sequence?" Thomas asked the brunette. "What?" he asked in confusion. "The sections of the maze, what's the sequence?"

"Seven, one, five, two, six, four-" Minho started, when, suddenly, a griever dropped on
top of him, trying to bite him. The only thing that prevented the creature from injuring Minho was the spear that kept open the griever's mouth.

"Minho!" you screamed in terror. Jeff ran up to the griever, ramming his spear through the griever's skull. Minho was able to escape before Jeff was taken away, sacrificing his life for Minho.

"Minho, what's the sequence? Come on!" Chuck asked. "Uh, six, four, eight three. You got it?" Minho asked as Teresa tapped the numbers in order.

The light turned green as everybody huddled into the little space that was left. Suddenly, huge stone blocks dropped on top of the grievers.

The last one went to attack before Thomas threw a spear at it, keeping it in place. It was crushed by the last stone block, leaving the room in a dead silence.

It was dark. You couldn't see a single thing. When an arm slid around your shoulders, pulling you close to a body, you instantly knew it was Thomas.

Suddenly, a door opened and light flooded the room. Teresa was the first one to step into the hallway, everyone following. On either sides, the lights started turning on in order.

You followed after Thomas, squinting at the bright lights above you. You reached another door, an exit sign above. "Seriously?" Fry asked. sarcastically.

With shaky hands, Thomas opened the door, revealing a hallway with bloody bodies all around. There were bodies on top of tables with sheets covering them, others were dressed in black with guns in their hands.

"What happened here?" Winston asked, though he didn't expect an answer. You entered a huge room with a stage-like podest in the middle, chairs surrounding it.

You spotted computers in the corners of the room. They showed camera footage of the glade, as well as brain scans.

"So they were watching us. This whole time." Newt spoke. Thomas pressed a button, making a video appear on one of the screens. It was a blonde woman with blue eyes and a dark red lip stick. She wore white clothing and appeared to be in her fifties.