28 - same dick

After Thomas, Newt and Gally had gotten back, you discussed the plan Gally had come up with - which involved having to interact with Teresa.

Thomas wasn't keen on the idea of using her, which you didn't fully understand. She'd betrayed all of you and was the reason Aris, Sonya, Minho and so many other kids suffered.

"No. There's gotta be another way." Thomas argued, pacing back and forth. You were sitting beside Gally, separating him from your boyfriend.

"Like what? You've seen the building. She is our only way in." Gally spoke, outstretching his arms. "You really think she's gonna help us?"

"I don't plan on asking for her permission." Gally said, furrowing his brows. "Am I missing something here? This is the same girl who betrayed us, correct? Same dick?" Brenda spoke up.

"I like her." Gally said, pointing at the girl. "What's going on?" You asked your boyfriend, looking at him. He didn't meet your eyes, meaning he hid something from you.

"What, are you afraid your little girlfriend's gonna get hurt. Huh? Because this has obviously never been just about rescuing Minho. Has it?" Newt spoke up, frowning at Thomas.

You knew Newt better than yourself, and by his body language, you could tell he was extremely pissed of. "Wait, what are you talking about?" Thomas asked.

"Teresa. She's the only reason that Minho is missing in the first place. Now, we finally have an opportunity to get him back, and, what, you don't want to because of her? Because deep down inside, you still care about her. Just admit it."

"Newt, I-" Thomas tried explain, but was interrupted when Newt pushed him back slightly, his back hitting the wall. "Don't lie to me! Don't lie to me!"

Releasing what he'd done, he apologized before walking off towards the rooftop. You followed after him, seeing him sitting at the edge of the roof. He looked back at you.

"Sorry about that back there. I guess I can't hide this anymore." He spoke, pulling up his right sleeve so his arm was visible. Black veins crawled over his skin.

You gasped slightly, sitting down next to him and taking his arm in your hands. You traced the veins, tears in your eyes. There wasn't a permanent cure, so, one way or the other, you were gonna loose Newt to the flare eventually.

"Why didn't you tell me?" You asked, crouching down next to your cousin. "Didn't think it would make any difference. All I know is that WCKD must have put me in that maze for a reason. Maybe it was literally just so they could tell the difference between immunes like Thomas and people like me."

"You know, we can still fix this, Newt. Okay? We can." You said, looking at Newt's arm. "Don't worry about me. This is about Minho. Now he needs us. So if there is even the slightest chance that we can save him, that we can get him out of there, then we have to take that. No matter what the cost."

"Okay. I hear you."

After Thomas had agreed to Gally's plan (which surprisingly worked), Teresa was now sitting in a room with you, a bag over her head.

Newt pulled the bag from her head, making her gasp in surprise. Newt and Thomas shared a glance before Thomas sat down next to you, putting his arm around your shoulders as you leaned against him.

"Gally?" Teresa asked in surprise upon seeing the former builder. "Here's how this is gonna go. We're gonna ask you some questions, and you're gonna tell us exactly what we need to know. We'll start off simple. Where's Minho?" He spoke up before grabbing a chair.

Teresa looked at Thomas, shaking her head. "You guys don't seriously think-" he began before Gally interrupted her by sitting in a way she wouldn't be able to see Thomas.

"Don't look at him. Why are you looking at him? Look at me. He's not gonna help you. Now, we know you have Minho in the building. Where?"

"He's with the others in holding. Sublevel three." She explained reluctantly. "How many others?" You asked. It was the first thing you said to her after you'd shot her six months ago.

"Twenty-eight."

"I can make that work." Brenda nodded. "No. No, you guys don't unterstand. The whole level's restricted. You can't get in without a thumbprint ID."

"That's why you're gonna come with us." Thomas spoke up. Gally shrugged, looking at Teresa. "Well, I don't know. We don't necessarily need her. Right? Not all of her. We just need her finger." Gally said, standing up and grabbing a knife.

"Gally, back off." Thomas mumbled. "What, are you squeamish? I guarantee you she's done a lot worse to Minho." Gally commented, making Thomas stand up.

"That's not the plan. Back off." He said, grabbing the knife from Gally. "It won't make a difference. Do whatever you want to me. You still won't get through the front door. The sensors will pick you up the second you're-"

"We know. We're tagged. Property of WCKD. You're gonna help us with that, too." So, with reluctance, Teresa was forced to remove the chips from your necks.