04 - cousin

Three months after your arrival in the glade, you were 90% sure you were somehow related to Newt. You had dreams about him, calling you Y/N/N and playing with you.

There was also a little girl you remembered, she was Newt's younger sister. So, knowing you were related, you assumed you were his cousin.

Of course, he was over the moon. He'd been your best friend since your arrival, but now, he was more than that. He was family by blood, and it made him extremely happy.

He wasn't the only one who survived, he wasn't alone, and he'd never be. Evening talks and roasting bread over a small fire turned into sleepless nights.

You'd talk to each other until sunrise, about what you remembered from your past and what you'd do if you ever escaped this place. You told him about the dreams you had.

About him and the little girl you assumed was his sister, Lizzy. About a brunette boy with brown eyes and a dark haired girl with blue eyes. How you assumed you dated the boy.

Of course, Newt immediately switched into protective mode, saying he was gonna have a talk with the boy if they were to ever cross paths. You laughed at his statement.

After a night spent with alcohol after one of the bonfires, Newt told you about how Gally had a crush on you. Frowning, you turned down the idea and said you weren't interested in him.

However, that didn't stop you from noticing the small details Newt told you about, how Gally treated you differently, more softly, than the other gladers.

Perhaps, he was too chicken to say anything, but either way, he never acted upon his supposed feelings. And within a flash, years passed.