Chapter 28: Jummer

Summer's POV:
After smoothing things over with Caspar, I was happy enough to just go home and sleep. The dead- drunk- weight had been lifted from my shoulders. Sadly, my annoying roommate (who despite being slightly less annoying had actually managed to become even more annoying after being less annoying, not that that makes any sense at all but you know what I mean from what I said before) had probably been sleeping all night late into the morning and seemed so hyper, too hyper for me to handle without a struggle.
"Where have you been? I heard an old message on the machine about Ruby coming over or something? You guys haven't talked in ages, have you? Is something happening that I should know about?" Just as she had paused, as though she'd finished, and I was about to close the front door behind me and remove my shoes, she carried on but this time, about Joe which was the hardest thing for me to talk about at the moment. "So is Joe going to date this Goth-Girl dating? Or are you and Joe going to be dating? WHAT THE HELL HAVE I MISSED?" I threw my hands up in the air, comically acting out a surrender to her sudden surge of anger. When she managed to breath probably all the air in her body onto my face, I wasn't able to smell the cotton-candy that the kids get the sugar high from, I wasn't able to pull apart the fizzy Coke aftertaste and I was unable to smell- the most likely outcome- pot that had quite possibly been the reason for her such a crazy attitude all of a sudden.
"Okay," I took off my hoodie, high-tops and beanie before sitting down in the living room, facing Lisa. It gave me déjà vu about the time when I was hear having a Q&A session with Lisa all about Caspar and meeting Joe for the first time. It was saddening but also showed how the world doesn't stop turning and life must go on. "So, you'll never believe it but Ruby, is pregnant!" The dreaded squeal came and I stuck my fingers in my ears to prevent my eardrums bursting. "Okay, please no commenting until I finish, it'll just help me survive until then," I sighed and she nodded. "Okay, so she's pregnant and we went to tell my mum where she's not living. Joe came too. "I really don't know about the Goth-Girl- who's name is Tiffany, by the way- and what happened but things have seemed to be going so well between Joe and I, Caspar started to drink though. It's sorted now, a lot happened in these past two days that you really missed, where were you by the way?"
"Oh come on, no questions," she rolled her eyes and shook her head, gesturing for me to carry on. I had to hold back a laugh at her hypercritical change.
"Um...okay, so basically you missed Caspar's drinking, mine and Joe's...moments and Ruby's pregnancy. That's all," the question of where she had been over night lingered in my mind but I didn't dare ask it again at the anger in her most recently used tone.
"Oh, well nothing really important, except, are you dating Joe then? I'm guessing after the video thing that Tiffany girl is going to steer clear of him," I raised an eyebrow- one of my pointless talents- in confusion. "You know, the 'Tripping-Incident' thats what she called it, I think. She's put it to: songs, slow mo, sped it up, anything at all that makes it look 10 times as funny!" Lisa reached for her Apple Mac which was (unsafely) lying on the floor.
"No!" I grabbed her hand, seeing the video of Joe would not only make me think of him but would make me feel so horrible for him and make me want to hug, comfort and love him. "We were there, I don't need to see it," I was able to tell how sad and depressed I must've sounded to her.
"You know, I totally ship Jummer!" She did her signature, high pitch squeal and shook her hands in a jazzy motion. "I mean, I did ship Cummer but-" I couldn't stop myself from spitting out a laugh, not to mention pretty much all over her. "I suppose we can't use that as your ship name, can we?" Luckily for me, she'd ignored my spit all over her and had broken out into laughter herself. One thing that had made us so close as best friends was our amazing- and yet, slightly dirty- sense of humour.
"Well, not exactly," I paused to breath in fear I was going to lose all the oxygen in my body.
"Well, I shipped you and Caspar, Saspar!" I was taken back when she yelled out her spectacular newly invented ship name. "And well, I think Jummer is waaaaay cuter; By both name, appearance and personality suits, it is amazing.
"Do you really think that I should give it a try then?" I couldn't look her in the face because I feared that her twinkling eyes would blind me if I dared try.
"YES!" We both got up at that moment, something inside me had changed. "TEAM JUMMER!" Lisa jumped up and down, I nodded before practically sprinting at full pace (which unfortunately, wasn't very fast) towards the door. It was a close call when Aiden stepped from around the bathroom door in just a dressing gown and I nearly ran right into him. Only was it later that into my mind popped the question 'why was Aiden there?' and I decided to apologise and ignore it at the initial time. Jumping in my car, I looked at my windswept hair in the mirror. I didn't care what I looked like because I was on my way to find Joe- to find Jummer.
____________________
Cutting a long story short, I wpnt be able to upload at all tomorrow and I'm SOOOO sorry but basically, I'm spending the night at school and I don't have enough mobile data but I promise that I will use all my nights time on writing for you guys! And I'm going to make the next chapter real good and real dramatic! But it's not all as it seems because like I said, at LEAST another 10 chapters before I even think of finishing! There's even hope for a future sequel that will be a lot shorter but a lot more Jummer. If you support Jummer, do #Jummer in the comments and if your more Saspar, do a #Saspar in the comments! 💙