Chapter 21: The Tripping Incident

Joe's POV:
"So Tiffany, what do you like?" Ever since Summer had come over with her 'friend' Aiden, I couldn't help but look over to her and her roommate Lisa having a picnic with this mystery boy. Something inside of me made me feel guilty for being here with my mystery girl that goes by the name of Tiffany.
"Who was that girl? I swear that's Caspar's girlfriend?" She yelled it extremely loudly and people began to stare at me, I felt their eyes burning into me.
"I'll be right back," I could see people taking their phones out, I could here them whispering my name and girls were squealing under their breath.
"What?" Tiffany looked around, almost embarrassed to be left alone. I stood up but stupidly stood on my undone shoelaces on my brown boots. I tripped and face-plated on the hard stone floor. Looking up, I saw the flashes of phones and cameras up in my face. Struggling to my feet, i ran as fast as I could to the men's room in the Café to get away from the drama. I peered into the dirty mirror. I breathed on it and wiped it clean with my sleeve. Blood dripped from my lip. I grabbed a bundle of tissue and pressed it to my lip before uttering a loud oww and pulling it away swiftly.
"Joe?" An innocent voice asked from the door. I wondered who would be coming in to the bathroom. I looked around to see Summer standing about halfway through the doorway, obviously nervous about entering the boys bathroom. It was only a one cubicle one like a disabled bathroom so there was no one else in there, I had just forgotten to lock the door behind me.
"Come in," I mumbled, my lip began to get swollen, "please lock the door," I slurred before putting more water to my face and chucking away yet another blood covered tissue.
"Are you okay!" She instantly came over to me and inspected my face.
"I'm fine," I pulled away, I didn't like that she had to see me in such a state. I stared back at myself in the mirror, I knew this would be all over the Internet. I had a bruise on my forehead in the top left and a cut on my cheekbone. I hit my head pretty hard and was beginning to get a headache, maybe I had concussion.
"Your not, here," she pulled her sleeve down and over her hand and dapped my lip again. This time, it didn't sting and it didn't hurt. Her jumper was soft and I realised she was sacrificing it to be covered with my blood. I honestly looked like I'd been in a bar fight but instead I was just such an idiot and decided to tripped up on my own shoelaces- that I'd decided if I had done them up, I wouldn't be cool enough- I'm so stupid. I couldn't deal with people swarming me, that's why I normally stick to my regular local shops and things but I thought I could deal with it, that the park wouldn't be busy, but it was even busier than usual.
"What happened?" She asked me and honestly I didn't know what to say. If I told her I'd tripped, she'd probably laugh.
"I-I...fell," I sighed, embarrassed if I'm honest.
"Oh my God," she seems concerned and continued to dab my lip. Eventually, it stopped bleeding and I'd probably gotten the majority of it all over Summer's jumper.
"I'm sorry about your jumper," I mumbled against my swollen lip.
"Don't mention it," she smiled, "I didn't want to bring it up, but about the kiss," she whispered whilst switching the tap off.
"I'm sorry about that, I told Oli not to say anything and that it was nothing," I was spitting all over her and the sink and I felt so stupid and horrible for it.
"No don't apologise, I mean I was going to talk to Caspar but then you went out with Tiffany but..." She was cut off.
"Can you hurry up in there!" An angry sounding man knocked furiously on the door.
"Coming!" I called and the two of us exited. He gave us a dodgy stare but looked more at the cuts and marks on my face. He walked in and locked the door loudly.
We walked out and people were all staring when I walked out but I simply went over to Tiffany.
"Are you okay now?" Summer asked and I nodded before she walked off, I felt bad for now abandoning her.
"What the hell happened!" Tiffany sneered, obviously she hadn't even seen what had gone on but it was pretty self explanatory.
"Don't worry, let's just get on with it," I shook it off and took another bite of my sandwich, it stung on my lip but I decided to ignore it and Tiffany did too.
-
"This was fun Joe, let's do it again sometime," Tiffany got up and I followed her, she gave me a quick peck on the lips and left, leaving me in pain. If I was honest, Tiffany wasn't really the normal type that I would go for but it was nice to have a bit of a change. Surely if it hadn't been for the tripping incident, I would've enjoyed the date a lot more.
I went home and say on my bed after applying the necessary creams and gels to my lips, cuts and bruises. I went onto Twitter to see the video of me tripping- my that it surprised me- everywhere. People had put it in slow motion, added music, sped it up and put it with other stupid videos. I decided I had no time for that and shut my lap top. On my phone, I had received SnapChats from people saying I hadn't uploaded in ages and it was true, I'd practically forgotten about YouTube...that was a first for me.