Chapter 9: Just Friends

Joe's POV:
She was crying and I didn't know what to do. I was aware that Caspar had done something wrong but I was slightly scared of asking what it was. Not because she'd be angry, but that from there I'd have to deal with her. After about 30 seconds of her (what seemed like) endless tears I decided to ask her. "Summer, what has he done?" Caspar's past relationships haven't exactly all well, gone to plan if you ask me. He's always done something to mess them up and this seemed to be one of those times. However, neither one of us wanted it to end; if he stayed with Summer I'd get to see her a lot more and we'd form a friendship and also I know Caspar really likes Summer and constantly (like all the time) tells me how amazing she is and how down to earth she tends to be. Summer responded by pointing to her phone where I saw a photo of him and Britt on the plane, Josh photobombing from behind.
"Summer," she looked up at me, her beautiful blue eyes drowned with tears. "Caspar and Britt are just good friends, there's nothing to worry about!" I pulled her into a hug to try and stop her from crying- I knew it wouldn't work but it was worth a shot. "Your freezing! You should've told me!" I felt her shivering slightly, I pushed her away and took off my jumper (I had a T-shirt on underneath) and gave it to her. She looked puzzled so I allowed myself to explain. "Just wear it, Caspars messed with the heating and it's a bit...well destroyed, it is Caspar. Anyway, just wear it," she nodded and put it on. She stopped the (slight) shivering and sat back on the couch.
"Thanks," she smiled and she'd stopped crying. "I knew that they are just friends but it just makes me wonder what he's going to get up to out there, if he didn't even tell you what was happening- or me either- then who would he tell? It's gotta be something secretive," she huffed whilst looking sad yet annoyed with Caspar.
"Well, currently Caspar wouldn't tell me anything and he probably just didn't want to hurt you by telling you so soon," I tried to make her feel better.
"Yeah, I'm not too bothered to be honest, it's nice to be...separate for a bit I suppose, not that I don't like Caspar because obviously I do. The thing is just he's over protective, like I can't even be friends with a guy an- why the hell am I telling you this? You don't care, he's your best friend you'll probably tell him to break up with me or something," she snapped at me and rolled her eyes before getting up and walking to the kitchen. She looked stressed and I didn't want to add to it but I knew I had to explain to her about Caspar's past.
-
-
-
A shamefully short chapter but it gets more dramatic and more 'FanFiction-ie' and yeah more Joe action compared to Caspar Action and yeah...please vote and read and comment 💙