Chapter 28: More Clashing

"There you have it. Checkmate." Marshall said to Rover. "You should always look at your back before making your move."

"Every cause always has an effect." He looked at Rover and continued: "All of your actions you did, they'll never be forgotten...but they were meant to leave you a huge impact, a bad impression for your own liking."

"...Which is not a result that you wanted, just like now." Marshall said, as he then closed his eyes. "Killing everyone that I love most just for your own beneficial needs to destroy me, and look what happened now."

"In the end, you got what you deserved."

Upon hearing this, Rover blasted himself out of the ground with a burst of energy, out of rage. His face was full of dread and he seemed more pissed than before. He was infuriated and embarrassed to the fact that he was slowly getting overwhelmed by someone even weaker than him. That genuinely got into his nerves.

He'd never seen anyone this to be formidable enough to face him, or even backed him to a corner like this.

He's getting humbled.

"...Don't make me laugh." His voice was full of hate and vengeance. "Not yet...not until you cease to exist in front of me, I will never stop, hear me?! You're not getting away with this. You will lose, and you will definitely lose. Mark my words."

"I'm going to enjoy the suffering of yours till you're nothing left." His sinister voice came back. "You will be just like the rest of those people. I will send you and your little precious friends to the afterlife!!"

After he finished, he rushed to Marshall at an insane speed than before, like he was seriously trying to kill him this time. He then charged up a deadly energy punch, trying to smash him on the face.

Unfortunately, Marshall teleported out of the way before the hit. Rover missed as he hit on the ground, while at the same time busting a huge crack on the ground.

Marshall soon teleported behind him, then focused his paw with blue fire energy, which later formed a blue fireball. He then hurled the fireball at Rover without hesitation. Rover sensed it and quickly turned around, then countered with a purple energy ball. The two blasts then clashed on the middle, later emitting a large explosion between the two pups.

Rover howled and lunged towards the smoke of the explosion, heading towards Marshall's direction. Marshall saw him and went back to him, then clashed punches in midair.

The two pups collided their fists continuously above the sky, creating sparks and explosions that can be seen in the entire Adventure Bay.

Rover rushed to Marshall again, trying to hit him with another punch of his. But again, Marshall dodged aside and landed a big energy punch on his face, launching him backwards.

Rover grunted in pain, then launched many rapid fire energy shots in front of him. Although the blasts were fast, seemed like bullet speed, but Marshall somehow was able to flew past them and dodged them all like it was nothing. Without giving Rover time to react, Marshall once again yanked another punch on his chest, which sent him flying.

He then swiftly threw two blue energy blasts towards Rover. Rover was unable to dodge in time as he got hit by the two energy blasts again, which left an explosion around him.

Marshall quickly seized the opportunity and dealt him five consecutive blows, finally smashing him down towards the ground with a karate chop on his head. Rover crashed on the ground, busting a crater open.

Not giving him time to rest, Marshall flew above the air while charging up energy around his paws. Once fully charged, he then fired thousands of blue energy blasts towards Rover, like a meteor shower.