Chapter 18: Separated

"Now then..." After Chase saw Marshall left through the portal, he and Skye turned back, looking at the two alien pups in front of them. "We still got some work to do." Chase said.

"Why didn't you follow Marshall back to Earth?" Skye asked Chase. He simply replied: "I could ask you the same thing. But what we know now, he's the only one left who could take on against that killer. If we went to help, we might accidentally becoming one of his hostages." Upon hearing this, Skye became speechless.

Their conversation was cut off when they saw a burst of energy released in front of them. They looked back, then they saw Dave and Venom got back up into their stances.

"So that's your game?" Dave taunted. "Letting that dumb mutt go just so that you can fight us...?"

"Enough talk." Chase replied. "We got to do what we have to do." He then clenched his paw and said: "How about we get straight to the point?"

"You do have guts...Alright then." Dave growled, then looked at Venom and said: "According to the plan, right?"

Venom just replied: "Do what you like."

"Good." He looked back at Chase, then grinned and said: "I've got a bigger space rather than here. Let's do this in there."

"Go ahead." Chase replied. Dave then snapped his paw, and the next thing Chase knew, he and Dave got teleported to elsewhere.

"Chase?" Skye looked on her left as she saw Chase, along with Dave, disappeared in an instant. "Oh well..." She let out a sigh and looked at Venom, then added: "Guess it's just the two of us now."

"Heh." Venom then created an energy sword on her right paw, then said: "Don't worry about your friend...worry about yourself first!"

"Cool." Skye turned over to her and simply replied: "Come at me."

"Heh heh..." Venom evilly chuckled. "Don't look so impatient, pup." She then got into her fighting stance, then added: "I'll try to make this quick."

Having finished saying, she blitzed in front of Skye within a millisecond, as Skye was caught off guard. Venom then slashed her without hesitation while at the same time, zooming past her at light speed.

The second Venom stopped her movements, an explosion came out from behind her.

"Over in an instant." She muttered to herself. She then turned over to the smoke from behind her and boasted: "Almost nobody could even dodge this in time. They are already dead before they could even realise it. There's no way she could even survive this blitz attack-"

However, she then noticed Skye was nowhere to be seen once the smoke cleared.

Venom was surprised. But before she could even move an inch, a voice came from behind her: "Where are you looking?"

This totally freaked her out, which made her instinctively backed a few feet away. She then saw Skye in front of her.

"Since when did she get behind me?!" She thought. "This is the first time someone has dodged one of my fast paced attacks." She looked at Skye, then growled a little.

"I was worried for a second there that she might wreck my jacket with that slash..." Skye thought to herself. She then looked at the wrecked cabin behind her. Of course, she also didn't want to accidentally destroy Steve's cabin even more during their battle.

"Just as your friend says." Skye looked back at Venom. "Perhaps this place was too small for us, don't you think?"

"Very well." Venom replied. "Suit yourself, then. But no matter what, you will lose, either way."