Chapter 22: Resilience

A large explosion came out of nowhere in an empty land, destroying the ground. Some huge debris were even sent flying from the force.

Something got launched out from the smoke and it crashed on a huge boulder from behind it. It was the red devil pup, Venom.

She looked at the smoke in front of her, as she then saw a small cockapoo pup coming out, slowly walking towards her, with her paw glowing pink.

"Damn that pup..." She thought. "Even...at half of my strength, she's still...able to keep up with me- no, I can't keep up with her...?!" She looked at Skye in annoyance. "Seems like she has...more power, than I expected. It was a mistake for underestimating her power in the first place."

Skye stopped in front of Venom, while looking directly at her, without saying a word. A few seconds later, she then saw Venom, slowly getting back up to her paws.

"Seems like..." Venom said. "...I have no choice but to draw out my true strength." She then once again spawned an energy sword on her right paw, then pointed it at Skye. She growled: "You better prepare yourself...for what's about to happen next."

Before Skye could even say anything, Venom rushed in front of Skye, with the sword held on her paw. She slashed her sword at Skye. Skye saw this and quickly leaped out of the way, managed to dodge the attack at the last second. "She's faster than she was before..." Skye thought in her mind, while looking at the red pup below her.

"Where exactly do you think you're going?!" Venom snarled, turning her head over and looked at Skye, which was behind her. Without wasting a second, she launched herself at Skye, while gripping her energy sword tight on her right paw. She then slashed Skye again, causing her to block herself with a whirlwind shield. But unfortunately, that hit was too strong that it instantly broke through the whirlwind and launched Skye backwards in midair.

"...Stronger too...?" Skye thought again, while her body got sent backwards, without stopping. She then saw Venom, flying towards her, trying to strike her down again. "Oh, great." She sighed.

In a second, Venom had got in front of Skye and slashed her with her sword multiple times, but Skye kept moving side to side, dodging Venom's powerful slashes, which made her completely frustrated.

"You won't dodge forever, you know?!" Venom shouted at Skye, then tried hitting her head with her sword one more time, but only to find out that Skye had disappeared from sight. Her face was filled with shock, but she later found out that Skye was behind her again.

Skye then took the chance and fired whirlwind shots at Venom, but much to her surprise, the red devil pup then pulled out another energy sword from her left paw, wielding two swords. Venom then repelled the whirlwind shots aside by slashing them constantly.

Just when she was busy fending off Skye's whirlwind attacks, Skye had already arrived in front of her, then hit her face hard with a whirlwind punch. Skye quickly implanted a whirlwind sphere around her chest. The whirlwind sphere then drove her towards the air without stopping, and a while later the whirlwind sphere detonated, letting out a massive explosion in midair, engulfing Venom in it.

Skye landed on the ground, looking at the huge explosion in the air above her for a while, thinking that it's over. Suddenly a red light came out of the smoke of the explosion, then the smoke dispersed and she could see Venom charging down towards her at a burst of high speed. Skye was slightly surprised, but said nothing.

"I'm not done!!" Venom snarled and looked at Skye, as she held both of her energy swords on her paws tightly. Skye once again leaped out of the way, which caused Venom to miss her target and hit on the ground. The ground immediately got destroyed and it busted into a crater from her slash. Debris were even sent flying from the collision.