Chapter 21: Breakthrough

"Don't get too high of yourself...just because you got yourself a new power!!" Dave shouted, then launched himself at Chase. Dave then leaped in the air, preparing to strike Chase down with his energy punch.

Just then, Chase's hind legs once again sparkled with electric sparks. He blitzed out of the way at lightning speed, causing Dave to miss and his fist hit on the ground, busting the ground and formed another huge crater.

Once the smoke cleared, Dave looked in front as he saw Chase had disappeared from sight. Little did he know that Chase was already behind him.

He gasped and quickly turned around, seeing Chase standing in front of him, without even facing him. This angered Dave even more. "What kind of speed was that?! It was clearly different as it was before." He thought.

Without a single doubt, he rushed at him again. Chase looked behind him, as he saw Dave charging at him again. He immediately focused his power in his legs once more, and launched himself back at Dave, with lightning speed.

"This speed, this power..." Thoughts came out of Chase's mind, as he was running. "I've never experienced anything like this before...it wasn't normal than any of my super speeds, but even faster than lightning itself!!" He then tightened his right paw, while infusing it with lightning energy.

Chase, without any delay, threw a lightning punch at Dave, as Dave countered it with a punch of his own. The two punches clashed once more, destroying the ground below them and released another massive shockwave.

The two struggled for a while. But as times progressed, Dave realised himself slowly being pushed back by Chase's energy, which was not normal for him. As for Chase, he kept pushing Dave back with his punch without stopping.

Eventually, Dave had it and tried attacking Chase again with his left paw, but the German Shepherd simply moved of the way at immense speed, without being seen.

Dave, not realising that Chase was on his right side. Chase quickly took the opportunity and smashed his face with another lightning punch, sending him flying back a hundred feet away.

Dave became disgusted, as he saw Chase running at him again. He gritted his teeth in anger, then focused his energy in his right paw again and released a massive energy beam in front of him. Unfortunately for him, Chase was too fast, as the beam missed the target and it headed towards the air.

Chase later arrived behind Dave, without him noticing. He then charged up a punch. "Unlike before I'm not going to blindly attack at full power, but instead..." Chase thought, then remembered himself striking down the giant energy ball and the spaceship by unintentionally stockpiling his punch at maximum power, which caused his arm getting shocked and wounded from the electrocution. "...Suppress my power, limit on how much my body could handle without being harmed by my own power..."

"40% output!!" Chase focused 40% of his newfound lightning energy into his right forearm, then threw it at Dave and hit on his back. Dave grunted in agony, as he got launched in the air.

"My paw stings a bit, but with 40% I can prevent my paw from getting shocked or burned by the overflowing electricity. My body has yet adapt this energy, so for now I think I can handle at 40%, which is a good thing." He thought, while looking at his paw. He then looked at Dave, crashing on the ground in front of him. "But if by extreme circumstances..."

"My left paw could still move, but I don't think it could sustain another 100%, considered that I knocked that energy ball down just now. If I do that one more time...I just couldn't risk it." He looked at his left paw. "Earlier I adjusted my power on my legs at 40%, and good thing that there were no side effects."