Chapter 25: Evolving

(Skye's first soundtrack 👆👆)

...

Venom panted in agony, as she could feel her strength depleting. She had exerted herself too much of her power during the beam clash with Skye.

She looked at the thick, black smoke in front of her.

The smoke cleared, showing Skye in the deep crater, who was laying on the ground. She was seen grunting in pain, as she struggled to get back up on her paws. She felt the damage around her body, most likely being hit by Venom's powerful energy beam. The aura around her body seemed like it had disappeared, and the glow on her eyes began to dim down.

She also felt her energy being drained off from the form she took just now. Now she felt like she had no more strength left to retain back the form, judging by her current condition. Her eyesight became blurry, making her unable to see clearly.

At this point, she had a feeling of giving up. She felt the same sensation from before, just like when she fought Sweetie in Adventure Bay the last time. On the verge of losing. At the end of her limit.

"So...that's it, huh." Skye grunted to herself. Her eyes were still staring on the ground. "The same from before. I still couldn't even make it. I'm still weak to even...protect myself...again."

She closed her eyes, accepting the fate that she lost.

But then, something suddenly came in her mind.

Something like...

Marshall.

Thinking about that pup's name shot her up for no reason, all of a sudden. That motivation fired her spirit back, and the 'giving up' on her thoughts began to fade away. Of course, her body's at her limit, but for her...it doesn't seem like she cared about that anymore.

Her body trembled in pain, and her both paws wobbled in unbalance. But still, that didn't stop her from getting back up.

This lead to Venom in extreme shock, as she saw Skye slowly standing up. And she did. Skye stood up at her four paws, while the smoke and dust around her cleared off.

"Impossible...that can't be true..." Venom mumbled in surprise. A sweat dripped out from her head. "There's no way she could still stand up...there's no way she could even have any strength left!!"

"...It's not over yet." Skye said. "Just accept it. This fight is not over yet."

"Why...?!" Venom growled. "Why aren't you giving up yet even after I attacked you down so many times?! What's keeping you from not staying down?!"

"I won't get beaten down this easily again." Skye replied. She then looked at Venom and added: "It's because I believed in every one of my friends, that they can win and save our world with all they've got. And I will, and I must do the same."

"...And they believed in me, too." Skye looked back at her right paw, then clenched her paw and continued: "My friends believed in me. Marshall believed in me. He believed in my strength and my resolve, and that's why he chose to gave this power to me. If I inherited his power and I still lose this fight, it would be nothing, and I'm unworthy of having it. I'll rather lose using my own powers than using his."

"But at this rate, it'll be unforgivable." Skye said. "And that's why, giving up is never an option to me anymore. I will never back down, and I will show you that I'm worthy of receiving his power. I'll save him, and everyone!" Her eyes lit pink once again.

"True heroes never give up, but they give up in giving up and they fight with everything they got. That's the reason I'm still standing here!!" Just then, the pink aura returned with a burst of calm energy and swirled around her body.