Chapter 3 : Nightmare

As the three pups arrived at the lookout, they then heard Rubble calling them: “Hey pups, what took you guys so long? The show’s almost starting!!”

“Oh, sorry. Coming right up!” Marshall replied, then walked into the lookout. Chase and Skye looked at each other with confusion, then decided to follow Marshall into the lookout. 

Marshall then got into his pup bowl, which had already filled up with pup food. He then munched up his food. But at the same time, he was thinking about something. 

“What just happened out there...? I took the eye up and all of a sudden, a strange light came out and...my left eye hurts. And that eye is gone...” He thought. He then touched his left eye. But when he attempted to open it, he then felt intense pain from it. 

He quickly closed his eye, while silently groaning in pain. “W-What...? And now when I opened my eye, it hurts...” He thought again. “Guess I better take a look at my eye...” 

After he finished his food, he quickly went back to his pup house without the pups seeing him and grabbed a mirror. He then slowly opened his eye while enduring the pain, and he got shocked at what he just saw...

His left eye became purple. And not just purple, it also looked similar to the one that it fell from the sky. 

“W-What...?!” Marshall softly gasped. “Isn’t that the eye from the beach just now? How did it-“ Marshall felt pain again, then quickly shut his left eye. “How did it entered my eye like that...?” 

“I’ll think of something later...I’d better remove this eye as soon as possible...” Marshall grunted, then went back into the lookout. 

Little did he know that Chase and Skye had witnessed everything. As they found out Marshall heading back to the lookout, they quickly went back and sat alongside the pups, watching Apollo the Super Pup and acted like nothing happened. 

Marshall then stepped into the lookout and sat behind the pups, and watched the show with them, while closing his left eye. 

“I knew something was off.” Chase whispered to Skye again, without Marshall  and the pups knowing. Skye replied: “True. Well, not a normal ‘sand’ could do something to his eye like that.” 

“You sure you weren’t seeing things like...that purple light or something just now?” Skye silently asked Chase. Chase replied back: “Pretty sure I’m not seeing things. I was hoping it was just a fluke but, you saw that too?” 

Skye nodded. They then quietly looked at Marshall behind them.

After two hours of watching the show, the pups were getting tired, as they yawned. “I’m tired now.” Tuck said. “Same...” Rocky added as he yawned again. 

“Well pups, it’s bedtime now. Get to your houses and sleep...” Ryder yawned. He then turned off the TV with his remote.  

“Good night Ryder...” The pups said as they went out of the lookout, heading to their pup houses. 

As for Marshall, he went back to his pup house. He then decided to sleep. “I think I’ll leave it up to tomorrow. Now I’m pretty tired...” 

He then soon drifted off to sleep. However, as he was sleeping, he began dreaming about something horrific.

In his dream, he saw many images of countless lives being slaughtered and numerous planets got destroyed...that were all flashing by his dream...and the worst part is, he saw a black pup with the same purple eyes as his, standing in front of him, while laughing menacingly as he was seen draining some aliens’ powers...And a mysterious white pup came in and clashed against the black pup, thus ending his dream with an explosion.