Chapter 20: Volt

Chase opened his eyes. He looked around as he saw himself, along with Dave in a huge blank void. The void was filled with nothing but pure blank, seemed to be endless.

"Where is...this?" Chase asked. "Pretty astounding, isn't it?" He then heard Dave speaking in front of him. He continued: "This is a dimension for us to test our new fighting abilities. It's more of a training room...but much bigger!!"

"No one knows about this dimension." He grinned. "It's one of our secret places for training and stuff. Only we can gain access to this void, nobody will get in here except for us."

"Dimension?" Chase asked again. "In here, no one will come and interrupt on our business, so we can feel free to let it out, then. But I'm just going to tell you that you might won't be able to make it alive after this." Dave snickered.

"And here's some bad news for you, pup." Dave then smirked evilly. Chase had a bad feeling about this, then said: "What kind of bad news?"

"Heh heh heh...once you came here, you can no longer return back to your own world, nor you can try to escape out of here...because you're trapped here with me!!" He snarled. "But too bad for you, we can still get out of here if we wanted to. As for me, I can bring people in or out through this place, but they won't get out by themselves. Nobody has been able to escape this void, not even you...and plus, even if you can defeat me, guess what, you're still stuck here for all I could care!!"

"Look over there." Dave pointed to his left. Chase looked at the direction he pointed and he gasped in terror. He saw a pile of skulls and bones in that distance. "Seems like you get the situation now, right?" He said.

"...There's absolutely no way for you to defeat me." Dave smiled evilly again. "This place will be your perfect grave. Your resting place. And there is no escape. Win or lose, your fate will stay the same!! Sooner or later, you will join them as well!!"

"No escape...he says?" Chase thought. He looked back at Dave in front of him, without saying a word.

"Very clever." He said, then clenched his paws. As he did that, his paws glowed blue, and blue electric sparks came out as well. "But let me tell you something, too."

"...You won't trap me like this forever. I'll find a way to defeat you, and get out of this place, and save my friends!!" Chase added. "This won't be my grave. And I'm going to make sure that you..."

"...Stay...down!!" Chase finished, then quickly dashed at Dave at high speed. He charged up his power, then threw a punch at him. The second his punch hit, a huge explosion emitted out, creating large shockwaves all around the place.

But unexpectedly, Dave just stood there, taking the hit without even flinching one bit. He looked at Chase's punch where it hit on him, then looked back at him for a while and mocked: "...What, that's your power?"

Chase got surprised. Dave then added: "Weak. Allow me to show you what a real punch is." He then focused his energy around his right paw and threw it at Chase. Chase barely have enough time to dodge, as he could only block with his both paws.

The punch hit on Chase hard, as he got instantly launched back at an insane speed. Chase managed to block the attack from hitting him, but he could also feel pain on his paws.

At this speed, he might crash hard. He quickly stopped himself from flying backwards. A while later, he finally stopped.

"Such power..." Chase thought. "He's completely different from what he was before. His power's not the same as we last fought!" He then got back up.

"In that case...how about a sonic bark instead?" Chase barked out, launching a massive sonic wave at Dave. But then again, Dave stretched out his paw, negating the sonic wave in front of him, causing it to split into half.