Chapter 2 : Accident

It’s a beautiful day at Adventure Bay, as always. Everyone was having a peaceful day. Nothing bad happened so far. 

As for Ryder and the six main pups, they were having a wonderful time playing on the beach. 

“Alright pups, enjoy your beach time!!” Ryder said to the pups. The pups then ran into the water, except for Rocky. 

Rocky groaned: “No way I’m going in the water, I’d rather build sandcastles instead.” Ryder and the pups laughed. 

“Say, it’s been a long day for us.” Rubble said. “Yeah, we’ve been working for a whole week now, we got to rest.” Zuma added. “So what are we going to do now?” Rubble asked. 

“Hey, how about a race?” Chase grinned. “What race...?” Skye asked. “We’ll see who gets under the bridge first.” Chase then pointed at the bridge near the lookout. 

“Alright, you’re on mister.” Rubble replied. “Wait...you actually mean sw-“ Marshall was cut off when Zuma shouted: “Go!!” All of the pups then enabled their powers and blasted their way towards the bridge with high speed. Well, except for Marshall. 

“Come on guys...you know I can’t do that here...” Marshall groaned. Just then, Marshall accidentally activated his fire on his paws and made contact with the water around it, creating a mini explosion and sending him upwards. 

“Yikes!! What the- wait.” Marshall then realised he’s in mid air now, thanks to the explosion. “Wait, if I’m in mid air now...that means I can use my powers...right now!!” Marshall thought. 

He then released fire on his paws and launched himself towards the bridge and the pups at huge speed, like a rocket. 

Chase was seen running in water at super speeds, while Skye flying beside him with her whirlwind. Rubble and Zuma were left behind. 

“You’re not winning this, Skye!!” Chase shouted. Skye replied: “We’ll see about that!!” As they were almost there...

“Actually...” A voice then came behind the two pups. Chase and Skye turned over and they saw Marshall launching towards them. “Both of you aren’t winning this!!” 

“Oh no, got to go faster!!” Chase and Skye then accelerated their speeds, as Marshall released his fire even more. 

Finally, the three pups made it under the bridge. “Hey, it’s a tie!!” Marshall said, then fell down into the water again. “That was pretty fun.” Chase added. Skye giggled. 

“Hey, no fair!!” They then heard voices behind them. “You pups were supposed to be swimming!!” Rubble and Zuma then swam towards them. 

“Well, yeah...we’re ‘swimming’ on the air, that is.” Marshall joked. They then shared out a laugh. 

“Alright, first one who gets back to the shore...wins!! And I mean swimming, for real this time.” Zuma said. “Yeah, sure.” Chase replied, while Marshall and Skye laughed silently. 

“Three...two...one...go!!” Rubble exclaimed. 

Chase then swam towards the beach at super speed, while Skye dived down into the water and launched herself with a whirlwind underwater. As for Marshall, he released fire into the water, and used the explosion to launch himself. Well, in the water. 

“Oh, come on you guys!!” Rubble groaned.  

Chase then got to the beach first, then followed by Skye, then Marshall. “Hey, I’m first this time!!” Chase said.