epil. an eternal love

EPILOGUE | "You've loved me ever since we were young, right?"

"Yeah, since the kids are coming, we should probably set up the toys by the fantasy books," I say to the other volunteer, making him nod

"Yeah, since the kids are coming, we should probably set up the toys by the fantasy books," I say to the other volunteer, making him nod. "Oh, and we should set up comfortable seating, right? I mean, moms and their kids are going to want to bond."

"You make a pretty good point, Hayoon," The other volunteer, Dohyun, smiles at me. He places a hand on my shoulder to compliment me, nodding. "I guess you've grown up well under good care. Most of us wouldn't be that considerate."

"It's only because my love for kids grows beyond just meeting them," I laugh it off, not wanting to take such a kind compliment. "You guys work equally as hard."

"Oh come on, not as much as you do!" Dohyun comments, rubbing my shoulder. Of course, I was a bit skeptical and looked past him for a moment. There, I could see my boyfriend in his striped search, drinking the iced coffee I bought him. However, his grip on it was tight, and he was practically staring daggers into the back of Dohyun's head. "Anyway, Hayoon, are you busy to—"

"Sorry, let's talk later," I apologize, shrugging off Dohyun's hand and jogging behind him. Heeseung places his coffee on the library counter, arms open as I collide with him. Quickly, he spares a glance toward Dohyun, grabbing my face and smothering me with kisses. I laugh, trying to swat him away. "What are you doing here? Don't you have math class?"

"I always come to support my girlfriend in her volunteering endeavors. And, my class got canceled," He purses his lips, grabbing my hand as we leave the library together. "You didn't forget that we were going on a date today, right?"

"Of course not," I say proudly, my free hand placed on my hip in confidence. "I should ask you a question: You didn't forget today was our one-year anniversary, right?!"

Suddenly he stops in his tracks, making my heart stop. No way. Heeseung slowly turns my way, mouth agape, letting go of my hand. "Heeseung..." I warn him carefully, pointing at him. Finally, he cheeses, a big beam on his face, bringing me in by the shoulder Dohyun touched.

"I'm just joking, darling," It may have been a year since he first called me that, but I can't deny the butterflies that still resurface by the name. "You know that out of all people, I would remember. I'm surprised that you remember with all the knowledge you cram into your head every day."