26. prom planning and after-effects

26 | "I think it would be heartwarming to see you two together again

26 | "I think it would be heartwarming to see you two together again."

"Alright," I say tiredly, squinting at the group

"Alright," I say tiredly, squinting at the group. They seemed unsure, but I continued my spiel. "It's time to discuss the biggest senior concern at the moment: Prom."

People slowly cheer, but upon closer inspection of their silence, I frown. "What? We're not pumped?"

"We are, President Moon, it's just that..." They begin to share more glances. "Where's Vice President Lee? Aren't you two inseparable at this point?"

"That seems like a personal question," I cleared my throat, looking for a pair of kind eyes to seek refuge in. Unfortunately, none were found–not even in Yuri's spirit, Heeseung's ghost, or Sunoo's presence. None of them were here with me, to the point I couldn't even feel them. "But, he's just been sick for a while! Don't worry, Heeseung will be back before prom."

But even then, I think that's a lie. Ever since that day with his mother, he's been gone. I haven't seen him once, not even when lingering around the halls or walking into school in the morning. It's like he didn't even exist, and that worries me. I had to ask the office if he still went here, and thankfully, they said yes.

"Anyway, back to the prom planning," I clap my hands together, humming in a sweet tune despite my slightly shaky voice. "In your leadership teams, please talk amongst yourselves on how we will achieve the voted theme: 'Masquerade Ball.' I trust that you can handle it, right?"

"Yes, President Lee!"

"That's good to hear," I nod gently, looking over at Sunoo to see if he's covered all our notes from this meeting. With his head lifting, he nods in agreement and closes his journal. With that, the meeting was adjourned. "Alright, we'll come back together tomorrow. Feel free to stay and talk or discuss tomorrow! Whatever is needed."

With that, I quickly grab my things and dash out of the student council room, where for a moment, by myself, I sigh heavily. Without Heeseung, it's not that I was a mess (mentally, I could be), but rather, everything just felt off. We went from enemies into lovers, but I think from here, we're strangers. I regret that I couldn't tell him sooner, but what choice did I have?