05. apologies, apologies

05 | "You're so frustrating

05 | "You're so frustrating."

Having Heeseung pass out on top of me was not on my Friday itinerary, but here I am

Having Heeseung pass out on top of me was not on my Friday itinerary, but here I am. I sit silently, but my hand itches to brush the strands of hair away from his eyes- in case it wakes him up. When I inch closer, I stop, fingers just barely touching hairs. We're not friends.

I retract. Although I may have some kindness in my heart, I don't want to cross the boundary that separates us. I sit back in the chair, stressing over what this means. Why would he fall against me of all people? Why not Sunoo? Why didn't he fall backward?

I know that I shouldn't be questioning it. After all, a fainting human can't control the way it falls. I feel bad for him. What has he been doing that has exerted so much strength on him? Studying? I know we're both overachievers, but how much of this overachieving has he been doing? I don't want to say it's because of this feud or because of me, but I don't doubt that theory.

God, I feel bad. No matter how much I think about it, I feel bad. Even if it's not my fault. I hate it.

As I groan out of frustration, I lean forward, dipping my elbows into the nurse's bed. My hands wipe against my sweaty forehead, all because of the weight of a man in my arms. For a moment, I let myself relax in my blacked-out vision, eyes resting to not stress myself out over a fainted human. Then, feeling a body shuffle, a hand rests on mine.

My eyes widen in my palms, feeling the force of someone pulling down my hands. As the light meets my eyes, Heeseung and I exchange glances. Once we make eye contact, Heeseung smiles weakly, pulling his hand away from me. He lays limp, stretching on the soft cushions. "I knew it was you."

"If you knew, why did you touch me? Gross."

"You're so mean to a patient, darling," The name again. That darn name makes me cringe. It's noticeable when my shoulders shrug, and Heeseung laughs wearily in reply. "Was my weight a little too hard to carry? I would've thought that with how many books you take home, you'd carry at least half of my body weight."

"Oh, shut up," I frown, leaning off his bed. However, he raises an eyebrow and as if inviting me, sits up. I look at him, and he pats the edge of the bed so that I can lean down. I do. "Just what have you been doing that you're fainting in school? Are you not getting enough sleep?"