09. persimmon picking

09 | "Jealous, darling?"

 Since school resumes tomorrow, starting a new quarter (and the continuation of a rivalry), Yuri took me out for a day of fun

 Since school resumes tomorrow, starting a new quarter (and the continuation of a rivalry), Yuri took me out for a day of fun. Yuri and I have gotten closer now that the first quarter has finished. We've been out and about for the whole weekend, and today was only a continuation of that. We're at her favorite cafe, eating tiramisu and drinking coffee before we go off to pick persimmons. "Why is this your favorite cafe?"

"It has good quality food and coffee," Yuri shrugs, kicking her feet so that they brush mine. I smile. She's always so bright although it's seven in the morning. "This place is where I got your cake."

"I noticed," I mentioned, pointing to the cake on display. "It's that one, isn't it?"

"You're meticulous. I mean-! I mean it in a good way, okay?" She panics at the word she uses, causing me to giggle. "Sorry, I just can't think of any other word. Maybe that's why I'm failing my language classes."

"I get what you mean, don't worry. I find it a compliment," Yuri's not wrong. I am aware of my surroundings, but not enough to the point that I'll pick at every detail. If I see it, it's stored in the back of my head like a memory. "Do you like coffee a lot?"

"I do, but not as much as my brother," My eyebrows raise at the sentence, and Yuri's grin starts to grow as she remembers something. "Oh, right! I don't think you've met my brother. I think he's in the student council, but he's such a grump. He's not as relevant as I am."

"I can't imagine that the bright and sunny Lee Yuri would have a brother so cold," I reply, sitting back in my seat as I chew on the tiramisu cake. "I wonder what he looks like, too. Are you guys twins?"

"Fraternal twins, although the more we grow up, the more we start to look alike," Yuri shrugs. "He's not that relevant like I said. You should keep your eyes on me, and only me."

"You act as if you like me, Yuri."

"I hope I'm charming," She leans forward, winking. "After all, aren't we best friends?"

"We are," It's been established that she's now number one. She's a bit jealous of my friendship with Sunoo but dismisses it as time over bond. I've already told her she's moved to the top. "Anyway, should we get walking? We should get there before the crowd does. It's a beautiful day."