22. ends as it begins

22 | "The little boy in the hospital? It was him

22 | "The little boy in the hospital? It was him."

I sat down on the swing, waiting for a certain someone to come

I sat down on the swing, waiting for a certain someone to come. It was dark outside, and I worried that things may not go to my liking, but I know that the most he'd do is yell. He finally reached out to me days after he snatched himself from my grip, and although I should be upset by his attitude, I know that it's the perfect opportunity to clear the tension between us.

Sunoo claimed that it was an "emergency"–it couldn't wait until tomorrow morning. It had to be tonight. I had no reason not to believe him, because talking to him on the phone in the afternoon, it seemed like it could really only be today. I yawn, eyes closing, and tilting my head back. Then, I hear the soft pants of someone in front of me. "Hayoon!" He exclaims, hands on his knees with papers in his hands. I furrow my eyebrows, standing up.

"Gosh, Sunoo, you look like a wreck," He shakes his head, denying such a comment, but eventually, catching his breath, stands up straight. "What's the matter? I would think this would be the perfect moment for us to catch up, make amends, and become friends again... but part of me seems to signal that you're not here for that."

"I don't know what I'm here for, Hayoon. To be honest, I'm against you dating Heeseung hyung," I groan, but he sighs. "But that doesn't mean I'm going to fight against him for you either. I'm here to give you the truth."

"I've heard many truths, Sunoo, and frankly, many become blatant lies–"

"About who killed your mother," My throat begins to clog. Like a sink, the drain plug was a ball amidst my throat, sticking in tight and hindering my breath. It was shaky, the inhales through the nose and the paper he shoves into my grasp making my heart fall. "His parents killed your mother, Hayoon. The little boy in the hospital? It was him. The sister who had prayed for your happiness, wished for your apologies? It was Yuri. His parents were the ones who crashed their car into yours, eventually–"

"Enough!" I scream, dropping the hospital documents, the funeral papers, and whatever else was in that hell of a pile into the mulch. My palms lift to my ears, trying to tune out his voice. Luckily, Sunoo stops talking, and I don't have to force myself to scream even louder so I don't hear his voice. Instead, he sighs, and I feel calm enough to let go of my ears. My heart was the only thing I could properly hear–it was beating so loud that I was happy I couldn't hear him. "I don't need the justification. I don't need the perpetrators. I'm not taking revenge. Why do you keep doing this?"