19. the good, and somehow, the bad

19 | "Thanks, Prez

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

19 | "Thanks, Prez."

When I got home last night, I couldn't stop grinning

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

When I got home last night, I couldn't stop grinning. Mom thought I had gone through a traumatic shock and was concerned, but after I told her all the details, we were fangirling together. I guess I finally came to terms with the fact there were feelings for this subtle enemy of mine, and as much as I hated it, I liked it as well.

Today, I woke up with the sun brightly shining. It was a great experience, and despite sleeping at two in the morning, I was energized. Mom greets me with a smile, and Dad gives us weird looks. "What's got you both so excited?" He places the toast in front of me, his fingers tapping the edge of my plate to grab my attention. "Did you get extra credit on a test? Did you get free food? Earn money?"

The woman beside me exchanges glances with me, and giving her the green light, she splurges all of it out in one big commotion. "Your-daughter-went-out-with-a-boy-last-night-and-she-realized-her-feelings-for-him-and-" Proceeding to take a huff of air, she continues. "-It-turns-out-he-was-her-enemy-and-her-best-friend's-brother!"

My father wasn't too shocked at the details. His eyes widened for a moment, perhaps to indulge my mother in making her feel like he cared, but Dad had this boy conversation with me before. He wants me to get a boyfriend, but he knows that I'm too caught up in the academic perspective of things that I'll calculate the right boyfriend eventually. Maybe he's glad I found someone who can catch up to me. (I mean, who better than my ex-enemy?)

But, that doesn't mean we're dating, I guess. He hasn't popped the question, and neither have I. We're at peace, and romantically at peace, too. I shove the toast in my mouth, remembering that Heeseung promised he'd wait for me outside. "I'll see you guys later!"

"At least eat properly!" I give my dad a thumbs up, high-fiving my mom in the process. She gives me a word of good luck, and I leave the house with my shoes barely on. As I close the door behind me, fixing my shoes, a pair of black converse reside in front of me. I already know who it is, and for a moment, I glance up. He smiles down at me, taking the piece of toast from my hand.

Before I could say anything, he took a big bite out of my toast. My jaw drops, and I feel the anger rising in my body. "Hey!" I scream, pointing at the perpetrator. "That was my toast, Vice! My dad specially makes that for me every morning!"