10. anger management

10 | "You left because you're humiliated?"

Yuri sits with her feet up on the table and reads her romance novel, as the rest of us study in solitude

Yuri sits with her feet up on the table and reads her romance novel, as the rest of us study in solitude. I sit on the other end, opening my math prep book so I don't look like I'm slacking. Yuri's not too interested in the whole "studying" thing, but she did like the idea of having a "study group." So, recruiting me, Heeseung, and Sunoo to join her in her endeavor, we agreed. Sunoo wasn't too keen on studying until his brain went haywire, but I forced him into it. Heeseung agreed like it wasn't a problem for him, and it irked me how he agreed.

Why? I'm not sure. Nowadays, everything he does pisses me off. Sunoo pokes me, and I look over. "Hey, Prez. Can you help me with this problem?"

I put down my pencil, placing it in the inner spine of the book before sliding my office chair over to Sunoo. "Sure," I began, reading the question. Ah, a basic calculus question. The bane of my existence, but something I've made sure to master in case our math teacher puts another one of those stupid bonus questions and messes up my score.

Sunoo scoots a little closer, and as my hair falls, he begins to hold it up behind me so I can continue reading. "Oh, I get it. First, you-"

"Stop talking," Heeseung barks, and while Sunoo looks up, I keep my eyes on the book.

"You start with-"

"I said stop talking," I closed my eyes, and I could hear the shift in Yuri's chair. She's probably looking at us. "Don't you know how to respect other people's wishes? I guess not, because you can barely respect mine."

"If you're going to nitpick my wishes, why should I respect yours?" I question, trying to stay calm. I do see where he's coming from, I won't lie. I do respect him as a person, but it's one question in hours of silence. He's only like this because I'm the one helping Sunoo. "Give me one moment to finish this question. Again, Sunoo, you begin-"

"ENOUGH!"

"Shut up." I deadpan, standing up and letting my office chair slam against the wall. Yuri's feet fall flat against the ground, and Sunoo winces. I know it's wrong to treat anyone this way. In fact, Heeseung knows he's done something wrong when he's looking right at me. "Come outside. Now."