27. in fact, not fate?

27 | "If we must live in collided lives, I will avoid you

27 | "If we must live in collided lives, I will avoid you."

I cried my eyes out all night

I cried my eyes out all night. I ranted to Mom, and she even slept in my room to ensure I wouldn't cry any longer. "He's not worth your tears," She told me last night, making me sniffle as I listened. "You've got to be confident. You will make it."

I will make it, yeah–but we were still planning on going to the same college after high school, which meant even if I was going to make it, I will face the same fate and see him everywhere I go.

I shouldn't think about it. Mom wouldn't want my eyes getting all puffy. I put cold compresses on my eyes this morning, but that still didn't stop the swelling. I feel dried out like a cucumber turned into a pickle. I don't know why that was the first thing I think of, but it works. "President Moon," I hear, causing me to turn around. It was one of the council members, Arin. She passes me a stack of proposals, making me tilt my head. "We know you're probably still in a bad mood, so if you don't feel like coming today, here are all our proposals. We can handle everything today."

I furrow my eyebrows. "Wow, that's sweet of you guys, but are you sure?" She nods happily. "Well, I'll see if I feel like coming. Thank you, Arin."

"Of course, Prez. After all the things you do for us and the stuff we put you through, I think that it's only right to treat you well from now on. You're graduating soon, and we can't do much but thank you," Though her words would usually excite me and console me, my heart trembled only slightly. I grin, but even then, I wasn't satisfied. "Anyway, see you!"

"Goodbye," I bid her farewell, holding the stack of proposals in my grasp. As I walk up the street to the school, I flip through them, seeing small doodles and notes left for me. They were being unusually cute, and for me to say that scares me. They're not usually this well-behaved.

I guess being an upset puppy does have its perks, other than feeling like you just fell ten feet into a full dumpster.

Again, I don't know why that was the first thing that came to mind, but it was.

I was about to walk up the stairs, but someone a few feet away from me stuck my feet into the pavement. I watch him, although he continues to walk, unbeknownst to my shock. Finally, when his head lifts and my stare catches him off-guard, he takes a step back. In his eyes that reflect into mine, it's a bit empty where curiosity and pain are the only two emotions I see.