Missing You

Anonymous asked:
i'm soft for dad!h. Any chance you'd be open to writing a sweet blurb of H getting overwhelmed watching bub for a week after y/n went on a girls trip & is relieved to have her home because it was clear that he and bub were missing her🥺🥺

Dad!H is always... so soft to me.

If you like this, check out our Patreon!

——

"I know, Bub. Mumma's gonna be home in just a few minutes." He had handled his first solo weekend with their little one quite well, he thinks. All things considered, their baby was quite good. There had been a bit of crying, a little restlessness.

It was clear that he missed Y/N, possibly more than he did himself. His head would swivel every time Harry would walk into the living room while he sat in his play pen, kicking his little feet as he had his baby eyes trained on the doorway as if waiting for Y/N to follow.

Realistically, this trip had only made his love his wife even more than he had realized. Seeing and experiencing what she does on a day to do, even though he considered himself very involved in their sons life gave him a new sense of appreciation and love for her. How she definitely changed diapers witj much more precision than he did. How she managed to always know exactly what was wrong with him despite him not able to verbally communicate- it was just a lot.

Their son babbled in Harry's arms, little hands tugging at his tee shirt as he waited in the living room. "I know, Bud. I missed her so much too. She keeps this ship afloat, hm? Don't blame ya for Bein' a mumma's boy. I am too." He laughed at his own joke, ears peeking up as he heard the beep and door open.

His legs moved them to the entryway, seeing her entire face light up as she dropped the bag on the floor. If there was one thing this trip had taught her, it was that she much preferred her small home family bubble. Her husband and baby were her safe space. Being away only made her realize that she was constantly thinking about them both, if Harry was okay, if baby had eaten or was being too fussy. If she needed to come home early.

Her phone had been on alert the whole time and she was ready to hop in the car and go on home to her family at a moments notice.

"There are my favorite boys!" She cooed opening her arms and wrapping them around both Harry and their son who was cushioned between the both of them. Tiny giggles came from him, squirming in Harry's grasp as he smelled and felt his Mumma for the first time in what seemed like forever in his new baby brain.

"Oh, you've both gotten even more handsome. And look at you!" She pulled back and pressed an audible kiss to their son's cheek. "Even bigger! Gonna make Daddy look like an ant soon enough." Her little kisses moved from the baby to Harry's lips, smacking them together dramatically.

"Mmm. Finally. Thought the trip would never end."

The words made his brows crease, the hand not holding up their infant coming to caress her cheek. "Yeah? Why, did somethin' happen? Did y'not enjoy yourself, darling?"

She smiled softly and leaned into the warmth of his hand. He was by far her rock. Her love. And this was another example of why she missed it. "No, it was fine, H. Don't get that little brow wrinkle." She teased. "Just... wasn't home. Didn't hear Cocomelon in the background or have your guitar strumming in my ear. Figured out there won't be many more girl trips while he's still this little. Missed you both, far far too much."

The feeling was mutual.