Chapter 14

Diere

I run after august almost falling multiple times so I have to take off my heels. I'm so thrown by what just happened. It's like he was dying or something and he's scaring the living hell out of me. This better not be some fucking prank he's playing on me once I reach him I grab his arm he still wheezing and gasping loudly.

"August look at me" he turns around to face me tears in his eyes and it breaks my heart. I reach up and wipe the tears off his face. "Breath with me august...in.....out" he follows my breathing collapsing onto my shoulder burying his face in my neck as I wrap my arms around his torso.

"In and out okay just keep breathing with me" I say trying to calm him down and I realize what happening he's having a anxiety attack how did I not realize this before I'm mean he's always fidgeting with his hands and ranting .

"Fuck im okay. Im okay" he says taking deep breaths after every word. He raises his head from my shoulder and I grab his face to wipe away his new tears.

"God you scared the fuck out of me august are you sure your okay" he puts his hands over mine smiling.

"Im okay i promise. Thanks to you." We lock eyes and I feel all the worry drift out of me as his gaze wonders from my eyes to my lips. He leans in so close that I can feel his breath on my face.

"Can I kiss you?" He asks and I nod my head yes feeling my heart skip a beat in my chest as he closes the gap between us crashing his lips into mine and I thought I wouldn't know what to do since I've never kissed anyone for real before. but he guides me through it quickening the speed as I raises my hands to play with his hair pulling him to me to deepen the kiss and I feel fireworks going off in my body everywhere he touches as his arms go from my face down to my waist pulling me to him. And I have to pull away to breath even though I wish our lips could be connected forever. I pull back with a gasp trying to catch my breath and when I look he has a huge smirk on his face along with some of my lipstick on his lips. I bring my hand up to wipe it away and he kisses my finger and I feel my knees buckle.

"I definitely feel better now" he says a malicious grin playing at his lips as he tightens his grip on my waist and roll my eyes.

"Your so stupid I was really scared for you" I say trying to push away from him but he just pulls me closer.

"I'm sorry" he says placing a kiss on my bare shoulder which makes me shiver and I can feel the smile on his face when he notices it. "I didn't mean to make you worry"

"Has that ever happened before?" I ask he never mentioned anything about it and I would hope this wasn't something that he would hide from me.

"No well at least not that bad sometimes when there's a lot of attention on me or I feel uncomfortable my heart starts beating faster or I start fidgeting but nothing ever like that." And I feel so sad for him so i I bring my arms around him again hugging him so tight and he sighs in relief.

"You don't know how long I've waited just to be close to you like this" he admits and it makes my heart flutter that he thinks about me as much as I think about him "I like you so much"

If my smile was any wider it would be hanging off my face. "I like you too august. Too much"

He pulls away from me to give me a tiny peck on my lips grabbing my hand in his.

"You wanna get out of here" he ask swinging our hands back and forth. That's when he notices I'm bare foot and have my heels in my hands.

"Yeah let's go" I say as he bends over to give me a piggy back ride i reluctantly climb on his back wrapping my arms loosely around his neck careful not to choke him as he starts running down the hallway causing me to scream loudly. We get a few weird looks but I don't even care because this is so fun. We exit the building reaching his car he goes on the passenger side allowing me to climb into the car. He runs around onto the driver side and I start to worry again.

"Maybe I should drive?" I offer and he looks over to me putting a hand on my thigh.

"I'm fine diere I swear " I nod sense I can't form any words due to his hand placement. he drives off turning the music on and he seems much more relaxed now so I allow my self to calm down too. Wait I kissed august multiple times what does that mean does that mean we're actually dating now. I don't know if I'm ready to date someone I've never done it before-. My thoughts are interrupted by august rubbing circles with his thumbs on my leg. As if he can read my mind he looks over to me flashing me a reassuring smile. I'm overthinking this too much. When august parks into a high rise studio apartment I notice that I have no idea where we are and august hasn't told me.

"We're here" he says hopping out the driver seat coming to my side to carry me out the car on his back.

"And where exactly is here? Your not kidnapping me are you" I ask looking over his shoulder at him. He laughs even though I'm very serious.

"No diere this is my uncles apartment" why is he bring me to his uncles place? We walk into the apartment complex taking the elevator to the top floor to a penthouse as the door opens I'm met with a vintage rock band decorated apartment it's really cool there's graffiti artwork hung everywhere and electric guitars and the room is filled with 70's music .

"Ray you here?!" August yells into the apartment setting me down on the floor when a tatted man with a cool mustache walks out of a room a beer in hand. He looks confused when he sees me and I give a shy wave.

"Is this fake girlfriend" he ask in a strong New York accent. And I look at august with a smug look. He talked to his uncle about me?

"Diere this is Ray my jerk uncle" Ray walks up to me holding his hand out for me to shake looking at me warmly.

"So your the famous diere I've heard about" I laugh at his flattering words I guess august talked about me a lot.

"Yep that's me"

"Nice to meet you" he says to me before directing his attention toward august "thought you were at your old man's party thing" Ray questions.

"We left I didn't wanna be there anymore" his uncle seems to understand what he means by that so I guess he must know about Augusts anxiety.

"Alright that's cool you kids hungry? Thirsty?" Ray says grabbing monster energy drinks and cheezitz from out of his pantry handing them to me and august as I thank him

"Wanna watch some tv?" August ask pointing his head over to a couch with blankets and pillows covering them and Augusts clothes on the side of it.

"Have you been sleeping here?" I ask and he scratches the skin behind his neck nervously.

"Yeah" he admits.

"How come" I question and he looks embarrassed.

"I hate being home alone my parents were out of town so I stay here sometimes" he says clearing the couch so that it's clean enough for the both of us. He sits down and pats the seat next to him motioning for me to sit so I sit down next to him resting my head on his shoulder for some reason I feel this gravitational pull towards him and after what happened I don't want to be away from him ever again. He wraps his arm around me laying his head on top of mine and I've never felts so warm.

"You guys better not fuck on my couch" Ray says