Chapter 13

August

Ever since i let Diere see my secret hideout she hasn't let go of the fact that I draw and I don't know as much as I wished she'd drop it it's nice to see that someone believes in me. My parents hate the fact that I draw so I never do around them my dad doesn't want me to end up like my uncle which makes me wonder why I'm going to this stupid party anyways but is too late to think about this because I'm already at dieres door necklace in hand. Knocking on her door when her mom opens it greeting me with a half hug with one hand since her other one is preoccupied with noora.

"August! Come in!" She moves out of the doorway allowing me to come in. "Diere August is here!" Athena shouts upstairs and I hear footsteps thudding as all of dieres siblings come downstairs.

"August!" They yell as they jump on me giggling.

"Hey you guys" I say but it's muffled by a winced caused by someone's knee in my stomach.

"You guys get off august your messing up his suit!" And that's when I see her. She's wearing the dress I got her and some strapy heels, she did her makeup not like she needs it and her hair is in a low bun and there two strands pulled out framing her face. She looks stunning, breathtaking, gorgeous I've never seen anyone so beautiful once she she's me she gives me a nervous smile that makes my heart melt.

"I don't know how long I'll last in these heels" she says as she walks down the stairs holding on to the railing for dear life wobbling with every step. And I just stand here mesmerized but I break out of my trance soon enough that no one notices or so I thought until i see Athena giving me a knowing smile. I go up the stairs grabbing dieres hand to help be down the stairs.

"Thanks" she says clenching my arm tightly.

"You look beautiful by the way" and as I look back to the kids it seems I'm not the only one that was mesmerized. She gives me a suprised Look which quickly melts into a smile.

"Diere you look like a princess" destiney says and I agree she does look like a Disney princess.

"Aw thanks you guys" she says giving everyone a hug. Her mom comes into the room and gives diere a once over tears stinging her eyes.

"You look gorgeous bug" her mom says playing with the two strands of dieres hair. Diere grabs her mom hand and point her head over to me mumbling something to her mom which causes her to laugh and take a step back so she can walk over to me looking me up and down before lifting her hands up to fix my tie.

"Seriously did you get dressed in the dark" her hands semi shaking her face reading otherwise.

"Thanks for the compliments" I say sarcastically I can tell she's nervous maybe a laugh will take the edge off. "Well you look good enough for the both of us" she backs away rolling her eyes amused.

"Okay hotshot we should get going" she says patting my chest as she moves away from me.
"Mom we're leaving" she yells into her moms room kissing noora on the head and saying goodbye to her siblings

"Have fun you two!" Her mom yells back in her way of saying goodbye. Once we leave out the door I stop her grabbing her hand and turning her toward me in a spin.

"I have a gift for you " I say and she looks at me with questionable look and I laugh.

"Should I be scared" she ask teasing me and I pull out the necklace.

"And don't you dare say you can't take it" to my surprise she just turns around and I stand there confused and hoping she's not mad.

"What are you doing put it on me" she laughs becoming impatient and I do what she ask she turns towards me once I'm done her gaze on the necklace.

"It's beautiful"

"Yeah it is" I reply but I'm not looking at the necklace's I'm looking at her.

"But no more gifts" she says as she walks toward the car door opening it and jumping in which never fails to amuse me. I get in the driver seat and start the car backing out of dieres driveway.

"Is there gonna be food I'm starving" diere whines dramatically connecting her phone to the aux and playing music and I've just now realized how she seems more comfortable around me than before.

"Probably shit food do you wanna stop somewhere?" I ask and I can see her eyes light up as she aggressively nods. "Okay what do you want?"

"Taco Bell" she replies immediately and I have no complaints I love Taco Bell so I take a turn and pull into the Taco Bell drive through diere squealing in the seat next to me.

"What do you want?"

"3 doritos locos tacos and a baha blast" and she has good taste in food. I order both our meals getting a crunch wrap supreme and a lemonade for me. We get our food and I pull off handing diere her food before leaving the parking lot.

"Thanks next time it's on me" she says scarfing down her tacos humming happily as she eats. "Next time" I get a little too excited by those words. We finish our food in the car before reaching our destination. I get out the car opening the door for diere making sure I let her hold on to my arm so she doesn't fall.

"I can't believe I'm wearing heels right now" she groans in agony stumbling every few steps. I hold the building door open and allow her to step in. There's men in tuxedos and women in diamonds and dresses. Definitely not my scene. If diere wasn't here this would be a bore. Classical music feels my ears as I step inside. Dieres arm wrapped around me comforting me. I look around and I find my mom and dad in a corner talking to a man with a suit and a flashy Rolex.

"I see your mom over there" diere says pointing her finger over in there direction. And I regret bringing her here because if she thinks I'm a dickwad wait till she meet my father.

"We should go say hi" she says walking toward there direction. But I stop her trying to think of an excuse so we won't have to go.

"We should get a drink first" diere gives me a confused look but follows me any way to a long table with a white tablecloth covered in portioned food and servers serving pre made drinks we walk over to the table and I grab a drink for me and diere handing it to her. When she drinks it her eyes go wide and she almost spits it out but stops herself and I was confused until I tried the drink myself and realize I handed her alcohol.

"I guess you've never had alcohol before?" I ask teasing her and she looks at me like I'm stupid.

"Obviously I'm not of age" she punches me in my arm and giving her cup back to the server with a sorry.

"I don't see any cops around" I say jokingly and she rolls her eyes letting go of my arm. "I'm joking what would you prefer? Apple juice?" She hits my arm again and damn this girl can hit.

"Your an idiot" before I can even respond I see my dad going on stage grabbing a microphone and I guess he's gonna give a speech about how humble he is and how selfless he is which are all lies.

"Hello everyone sorry to interrupt but I just wanted to say thank you for coming and supporting me and thank you to my beautiful wife for keeping me humble" he points over to my mom and diere looks at me confused and then he point over to me " and thank you to my Son for coming even though I had to force him because all he does is sit around the house all day" everyone's head turns to me laughing and I feel my heart beat triple and my legs start to feel wobbly I place my hand on my chest leaning against the table trying to catch my breath but I can't it's like my heart is beating out of my chest so I run and keep running till I can't see anyone anymore.