10. Don't do the Math

"Welcome!" Benjen remarked as the gates opened up for them.

"Wow," RIeka rasped. "It's kind of beautiful."

'It's time to review the accounts my lady... do you want to know how much this royal visit has cost us?'

'Talk to Paul about it.' Catelyn said distractedly.

'Paul went South with Lord Stark my lady you need a new steward and there are several other appointments that require our meeting.' The maester went on.

'I don't care about our appointments.' Catelyn spat. She was going to get the lannisters. She had to but she wanted to know Bran was alright. That he was going to wale up before she left.

'I will make the appointments.' Robb said 'we will talk about it first thing in the morning.'

'Very good my lord.' the maester said 'my lady.' He turned back to Catelyn before exiting

'When was the last time you left this room?' Robb asked

'I have to take care of him' Catelyn told him

'He's not going to die mother the master has assured us that the dangerous time has passed.' Robb assured.

'I do not care Brandon needs me.' Catelyn told him defensively.

'Rickon needs you,' rob corrected. Robb stared at his mother making a stupid stick and twig witch craft bullshit. That wasn't helping anyone. 'he is six he does not know what is happening he follows me around all day crying I try to comfort him but he's scared and confused. He needs his mother.' the wolf started to howl outside. 'Close the windows I can't handle that make them stop!' Catelyn said in outrage.

'Fire.' Robb noted calmly 'you stay here I'll come back.' he ran out Catelyn moved around to look out the window only to see a fire blazing below

'You're not supposed to be here...' she spun around to see a guard staring at her, 'no one is supposed to be here... it's a mercy. he's dead already...' the guard said coming at Bran but Catelyn ran ahead charging at the man she screamed out NO. she was going to protect her son she had to try and save him now but he threw her down she tried again and had a blade at her throat she gripped it her hand bleeding in the process she bit him trying to get him to stop but he threw her to the ground. his target was bran, but summer came tearing at the man protecting her master, once dead, Summer jumped up on the bed sitting next to Bran her dead kill bleeding out on the floor.

"This is kind of cool!" Rieka remarked as Jon trained with the other boys. Benjen kept an arm around her. "How tall is the wall? How long have you been here? How old are you again?"

"Wow Rieka make me seem like an old man." Benjen mused kissing her temple.

"You are not old... I'm how old and you were already-"

"Dont do the math." Benjen countered. "I'm not old." Rieka giggled out, she loved her uncle Benjen, he was always sweet on her and she knew here would be no different. He was worried about her being around all the crows so he was keeping her close until she left. Also Ned threatened him saying if anything happened to his baby girl, Ned would march up from the capital and start putting heads on spikes. Benjen knew RIeka was tough and also knew that him and Ned couldnt protect her forever. Try as they might, if things turned out how the lannisters wanted, Rieka would be wed before her 19th name day. Sansa before her 14th name day the way things were looking between her and Joffrey. 

'If that were a real sword you would be dead. Lord snow here grew up in the castles he looks down on the likes of you. Do you think Ned Starks bastard bleeds like the rest of us?' one of the Crows stepped forward to dual Jon but Jon got him down easily.

"Go JON!" Rieka clapped out from Benjen's side. He knew he had to go back out after hearing about the walker sighting but he felt strange leaving Rieka and Jon so soon. 

"Next!' Alliser shouted again and again Jon took down each man 'Next!' He said two men approached Jon knocked them both down. 'Well Lord snow it looks you are the least useless person here.' Rieka laughed from above, Jon was good. Probably the only one actually trained by a real swordsman but Jon didn't look happy. For each win the rest of the men, and boys got more and more mad at Jon. At his skills.

"Hells yeah he is!" RIeka agreed. "Too good for the wall, Jon" Rieka decided. 

"go clean yourselves up there's only so much I can stomach in a day.' Aliser said gruffly before walking off.

"Come on, let me show you were you are staying tonight," Benjen remarked leading RIeka up the steps. 

"Yeah communal isnt going to work for me." Rieka agreed. 

"YOu are staying in my room." Benjen corrected. "It's got a door and a lock to keep the others out." 

"Thank you, uncle Benjen." Rieka agreed. 

'Charming man,' Tyrion said watching from above but his gaze kept shifting to RIeka. 

''I don't need him to be charming I need him to turn this bunch of thieves and runaways into men of the nights watch.' Commander Mormont told Tyrion.

"Perhaps Jon can whip them into shape?' Rieka offered as she came up to them.

'Yes, and how is that going commander Mormont?' Tyrion added.

'Slowly' he admitted 'the raven came for Ned Starks children,' he handed the note to Tyrion but Rieka ran up grabbing it from him. 

'Good news or bad?' Tyrion questioned as Rieka opened the scroll. 

"Both.''

"It's Bran." Rieka remarked smiling back at Benjen. "He's awake."