CHAPTER NINETEEN

Sunday 25th November 2018

Lando POV

That's it, the season is over. From a professional point of view, it has been my worst season ever. I am currently sat on the top podium, my head in my hands, thinking on the races where I could have done better. I know I've had some bad luck this year, but I should have walked away with the championship instead of George. That trophy should have been mine. Did I throw it away somehow?

All the races are over and the pit lane below me is a hive of activity. The garages are being packed away and heading off to wherever they are stored over the winter break, ready to come out again when the F1 circus starts back up in the new year. However, up here I am away from all of that, in my own little quiet bubble, deep in my thoughts. That is until my bubble is burst with the scent of vanilla. I know that scent so well now and I wait for her to sit down beside me.

'Hey, you. What are you doing up here?' she says softly as she perches next to me.

'Just thinking' I whisper 'Wondering where I could have done better'

'Oh Lan, you're always so hard on yourself. You may not have walked away with that trophy but you've got a seat at McLaren next year, McLaren! She exclaimed.

'I have, haven't I? And George will be at Williams' I laugh, a slight smug smile on my face.

She shoves me playfully. 'Don't be mean'

'I want to take you out on a proper date when we get home, somewhere nice so you'll need to have your glad rags on!'

Resting her head on my shoulder 'Looking forward to it already'

'One day' I start 'we'll be sitting here with me as world champion, you as my wife and with a couple of little Norris' running around'.

She audibly gulps and I can hear her heartbeat faster.

'Does that scare you?' I ask her.

'A little. The depth of your feelings for me, you've always been so sure that we're meant to be together' she's looking into my eyes now as if she's searching for something.

But when it comes to her, I am an open book 'I've been sure about that since we first met' I smile. 'It doesn't matter that you weren't, you came to your senses, eventually, and I believed enough for the both of us.' I draw her to me and kiss the top of her head, pulling her close before I look out over the track again. 'Come on, lets go. We'll be back here soon enough'.

Liked by siennadavis, georgerussell, alexalbon, maxfewtrell and 45,879 others

landonorris Signing bonus! 🧡🧡🧡

>>McLaren looking good Lando! Can't wait for next year

siennadavis Can't wait until you take me for a ride! 

>>maxfewtrell 🤢🤮

>>siennadavis Get your mind out of the gutter!

>>landonorris Anytime babe! 💖

>>siennadavis Will you let me drive it?

>>landonorris Hell no, i've seen the way you drive!

>>siennadavis 😭