CHAPTER SIXTEEN

Sunday 2nd September 2018

Sienna POV

'Mum, I'm home' I shout as I drop my luggage on the floor by the stairs. I can hear her banging around in the kitchen, probably making lunch.

'Hey sweetheart, how was your flight?'

'It was ok, long, but a few movies kept us occupied'

'How's Paige doing? Bet she loved having you girls out there for the summer'

'She is doing so good out there, mum, I'm not sure she'll ever come back. She's made this whole other life for herself. She's met someone too, Emmy, who is lovely and really cool'

'Ah I'm happy for her, sad she won't be coming back but happy she's found her place, and she's only a plane ride away'

'So, what have you and dad been up to whilst I've been away' I ask her, stealing a carrot from the chopping board.

'Oh you know, the same old same old. We did manage to get away for a week but your dads been pretty busy with Lando and there's the big announcement tomorrow. He's obviously also been going to races but he'll be back from Monza tomorrow, in time for your birthday. Are you watching the race this afternoon here?'

'I'm gutted I missed Spa, that's always been my favourite. Yeah, I'll watch it here with you. Did you get race snacks in?'

She chuckled 'of course I did. On the subject of Lando... how have things been between you two? Have you spoken to him at all whilst you've been away?'

'It's been nearly 5 months since we had that talk in the park and we've only seen each other a handful of times since. We did speak a little whilst I was away, just general chit chat but I messaged him before each race to wish him luck. I'm so happy that he's about to realise his dream, I just wish we were in a better place where we could be celebrating together. I miss him. But I'm excited that Tom arrives tomorrow so you and dad can finally meet him and he's going to be here for us to celebrate my birthday together.'

'Can't believe you've been with him 6 months and we're only just getting to meet him!'

'Well I've spent 6 weeks of that time out of the country mum' I laughed.

Monday 3rd September 2018

Lando POV

'I'm Lando Norris and I'm the youngest ever Formula One British racing driver'. That sentence sends a shiver down my spine as I say it and I can't wipe the smile of my face. Today, it's being announced that I am to drive for McLaren as part of their line up for next season, alongside Carlos Sainz, following Fernando's retirement announcement over the summer. Before I leave Monza, to fly home, I am filming a segment for Drive To Survive with Netflix.

All my hard work has finally paid off and all my dreams are coming true. Well... the dreams concerning my professional life at least. The ones concerning my private life are still not coming true and at this moment Sienna feels further away than ever. I know I was the one that initiated a bit of space but god do I miss her and I must check my phone 100 times a day to see if this is the day she's text me or even better, called.

It's her birthday tomorrow and it feels weird that I'm not going to see her, but, her boyfriend, Tom, is going to be there for a few days and that's not a situation I can handle. It also means that it's got serious between them if he's meeting David and Susan and it feels like a sucker punch to the stomach to know that he's going to be sitting at the table in a place that should be mine. There's no way he loves her the way I do. I've even given her birthday present to her dad to take back with him. He actually apologised when I gave him the bag, his eyes full of pity. 'She'll come round' he said. 'We know she loves you, she's just scared. This guy won't last.'