61

Season 3 episode 1
"On infernal Ground"

     Madam inquisitor was walking down the palace hallway with Veronica Shadowhunter by her side. Everyone was in idris today, wether it be for the parabatai ceremony that had just taken place or that Veronica and Thomas were home. Although most for the ceremony that binded a Lightwood and a Shadowhunter.

"You have defeated our greatest enemy. Your greatest enemy. Valentine may have used the Mortal Instruments to raise the Angel. But you prevented a wish from being granted. Congratulations princess." The walked down the hallway, the opposite way where a party was being held in her and Izzy's honor.

"Thank you." Ronnie smiled.

Madam inquisitor kept walking until they reached a room. She reached her hand out to open the door allowing Ronnie to step in first. "The shadow world has always done things differently. Even the way we do royalty. You are the next in line for the throne. You dont have much time until your coronation either. You turn 20 in a couple of days. As soon as you do you will be in training. Then on your 21st birthday you will become queen."

Ronnie nodded. "I know, and i'm ready. I think."

Madam inquisitor smiled. "You're very ready. This room is where your mother announced she was pregnant with you twins. It was one of the happiest days in Idris, a day no one will forget. Its a story passed down from each generation. Parents are telling their little ones the story as a bed time story."

Ronnie sat down on one of the benches. "Can i ask you something?"

"Of course."

"How did you know that you should marry your husband?" Ronnie looked up at her with large eyes.

"I think i always knew. My husband and I were together not long before we got married. It was love at first sight as people would say. Almost like you and Jace. We just knew. It was easy with him, he made me feel like i could be who i want to be not who the world expects me to be." Madam inquisitor sat down. "Why do you ask?"

Ronnie paused before telling her the reason. "I wanna marry Jace. I want him to be king, i want to rule the shadow world with him by my side. I don't want to do this without him."

The inquisitor smiled. "Then do it. No one is stopping you. You need to follow your heart child, this is your life, your path. You make the rules."

🐝

Ronnie found herself looking for Jace in the crowd of people. Her white dress flowing behind her as she walked. Her golden heels clicking against the floor. She let her feet take her to where she felt drawn. She found herself walking towards a balcony on the second floor. Standing near the railing was Jace.

"Hey stranger." Ronnie wrapped her arms around him from behind. Jace immediately relaxed at her touch.

"Hey beautiful." Jace turned himself around and wrapped his arms around her. "Where have you been?"

"Having a talk with madam inquisitor."

"Oh yeah?"

Ronnie nodded against his chest. "I asked her some questions she gave me some answers."

"Vee, whats going on in that head of yours?" Jace put his index finger under her chin and lifted her head so they would make eye contact.

"I wanna get married, i wanna have that life that we always talk about. Jace we both died, i dont know how im alive, or who killed me but it happened. And im not taking that for granted. I watched you die, i held you in my arms while you died." Jace wrapped his arms around her even tighter. "I dont ever want to go through that again. Ever."

"Then we'll get married. Preferably sooner rather then later because i have wanted to marry you since the day we met." Jace planted a kiss on her head. "Your it for me Veronica, you always will be my number 1."

"Your my number 1 Jace."

"I love you."

"I love you more."

🐝

Jace had been laying in bed by himself as Ronnie and Izzy went out for a dinner date. Seeing as the newly parabatai needed a moment alone together. He was just staring at the ceiling waiting for her to get home. He had barely heard the door open.

"You awake?"

He rolled onto his side and smiled at her. "I am now." He watched as she rolled her eyes. "I'm kidding. How was it?" His eyes followed her as she walked over to their closet and pulled out on of his shirts.

"Good, we needed it. While today was amazing we were both overwhelmed." Ronnie slid off her heels and dress and threw one of Jace's shirts on her body. "We barely talked all night at the party. But we went for pizza and it was amazing."

"Thats good, im sure you both needed it." Jace watched as the went into the bathroom.

"We did." Ronnie spoke a little louder as she started to brush her teeth. "You lay here the whole time?"

Jace scoffed. "No, as a matter of fact i do have a life outside of you." He almost laughed as Ronnie peaked her head out of the bathroom and furrowed her brows at him. "Okay thats a lie, but no i actually did do some things while you were gone." Ronnie only smiled at him before going back into the bathroom. "Like i cleaned, and organised the closet, and your makeup. And i read a little, and i made food for everyone. Did some shopping."

Ronnie spit the toothpaste into the sink and rinsed off her toothbrush before putting it in the cup next to Jace's. "You went shopping?" She walked back into the room, walking over to the bed.

Jace raised one of his hands so he could help her into their bed. "Yes i did." He smiled at her.

"Do i get to know why?"

Jace shook his head. "Not right now."

She laughed. "Your cute." The blond shook his head and placed his lips on hers. "You wanna hear a secret?"

"Always."

Ronnie looked him in the eyes. "Izzy and I had a talk."

"About what?"

"Babies."

He rose a brow. "You and Izzy talked about babies?"

Ronnie nodded her head eagerly. "About me and you having a baby."

"Me and you?"

"Yeah. And i told her that when we were ready we would have one. And she got all happy." Ronnie played with his hand.

Jace smiled. "Having a mini you around always sounds nice."

Ronnie looked up at him. "So yes to the baby?"

"Im always going to say yes to a baby with you my love. Im even willing to start on the process right now." He smirked playfully.

"Yeah?"

"Whatever makes you happy." Jace moved the girl so she was below his body.

Ronnie reached up to connect their lips.

—-
Ella speaks!
RONNIE AND IZZY ARE PARABATAI!!!!
Im so happy, idk if you can tell. Season 3 is gonna be so much fun :)