Chapter - 36

Recap: Sid and Grandpa have a banter

******************

Sid returned home carrying a bag of cashew fruit and searched for Yami. He finally found her in the backyard playing hopscotch with Myra and Nivedha. 

Myra: Enna mama, sight seeing ah ? ( What brother in law...sight seeing is it ?)

Sid: romba naala adhu mattum dhan ma panren..( I m doing only that for a long time )

Sid spoke in a low voice yet Nive heard and laughed at him. Sid glared at her but she moved to him and stood with her hand on her hip.

Nive: Wise man will try to befriend wife's sister and friends to get his work done.

Nive blew her nails and looked at Sid raising her eyebrows.

Sid: What will you do ?

Nive: I can do anything.. Let me show you a sample.

Nive cleared her throat and moved to where Yami and Myra were still playing.

Nive: Yamu, can you borrow me your hair dryer, I didn't get time to pack things for me also lend me your top please. I will go shopping with Vimal to buy some for me.

Yami nodded and ran inside to get things for Nive. Sid smiled and followed her to the room and closed the door behind.

Yami: why are you closing the door now ? Open it, Nive will be coming to collect the top and hair dryer.

Sid: She won't come. She helped me to get some time with you. Here I got this fruits for you.

Yami got the bag from him and took a bite of the juicy cashew fruit letting the juice drip from her mouth. Sid gulped hardly looking at her eating it.

Sid: I never like this fruit and seriously i don't know why you like it but looking at the way you eat it ......I m sorry..

Sid pulled her and started kissing her. Yami dropped the bag from her hand and wrapped her hand around his neck responding to his kiss. They were so lost into the kiss and kept switching on their legs which led to stomping the poor fruits.

It felt like a eternity and they pulled back breaking he kiss hearing a knock on the door. 

Sid: Oru kiss panna mudiyudha indha veetla ?  ( I could not even kiss you in this home ?)

Yami knew she would get caught with her swollen lips so she rushed and locked in the washroom and let Sid to open the door. He spoke all incoherent words and opened the door ready to lash out but looking at his mother and Jaya he stood calm hiding his annoyance.

The two ladies stood shocked and closed their mouth looking at the room. Sid turned his gaze to their line of sight and facepalmed looking at the smashed fruits on the floor that was stomped mercilessly by them.

Madhu: enna da idhu ? ( What is this ?)

Sid: Actually Yami wanted to know how to make wine so I just taught her and no big deal. I will clean it.

Madhu: Mariyadhaiya clean pannu...( You better clean it )

Jaya: Navin called us saying you were not responding his call.

Sid: what happened ?

Jaya: He got some emergency work and wanted you to return to take care of cafe.

Sid: Oh my god...I will pack our things right away. We will leave now.

Madhu: We???? as if you and we all ?

Sid: No..me and Yami...We will leave. 

Madhu: But she is staying with us. We will return in a week. Granny and grandpa had missed everyone so it would be bad if we return immediately so let her stay and we will return after a week.