Chapter 40

Alex's POV

I had brought her home, she looked so at peace around my family, mom loved her instantly and I knew dad already took a liking to her even before now.

She blended in with them so quick you'd think she knew them before, she was still a bit withdrawn but she was trying to keep a conversation with them.

She laughed a lot, especially when Samuel kept cracking jokes. I loved how she was free around my family.

Dad, Tony and I were upstairs talking about work and other things, I had my mind on her, I wanted to see her, I was eager to let her know how I felt about her.

She was consuming my thoughts and I didn't mind, I had a smile playing on my face just thinking about her, there were a lot of things I wanted to tell her and show her.

The talk we were having with Dad was over and I was quick to want to dash out of his office when he stopped me, I know he wanted to talk about Sage but I was already thinking about her.

He did talk about her and he asked if I love her and I already knew the answer to that so I answered without a second thought.

He smiled and asked to fight for our love no matter what, he gave me a few words of wisdom before he finally let me go.

I got down and saw Anna walking upstairs probably to check on Rhys so I asked if she'd seen Sage and she said yes, that she was on the balcony with Tony.

I walked towards the balcony with a huge smile on my face but that smile quickly faded when I heard what she was saying, I didn't mean to eavesdrop but I just heard it.

She was leaving, had I done something wrong?
She was leaving and I didn't know about it.
It broke my heart, I was trying to mend things between us and she was leaving.

I just walked out the balcony "You're leaving" I asked her painfully and the words she was saying died down.

She looked at me, she opened her mouth to say something but she just closed it back and walked inside leaving me there with Tony.

I was hurt no doubt, I looked up at Tony and he walked up to me and put his hands on my shoulder before walking inside.

I followed right behind him and I saw her thanking my mom and dad and telling them she was leaving.

Mom gave her a hug and so did dad, they bid us both farewell, she walked outside probably waiting for me to drop her off at home.

I was about leaving too when Dad walked to the door and told me to remember what he said in his office earlier on, I needed to fight for our love.

I gave him a nod and walked out, she was standing beside my car, i opened the door for her and got in too.

I drove off to my apartment, the ride was silent. Neither of us said anything to each other.

Why would she wanna leave?
We were doing okay
I know I did a lot of hurtful things to her but I was ready to apologise and redeem myself.

We got back home and she got out of the car before I could even get out and open the door for her.

I rushed out behind her and followed her to my condo, she got inside and was about walking into her room when I pulled her back.

She isn't gonna pretend that I didn't just hear her tell my brother she was leaving.

"Sage we need to talk" I tell her making her face me.

"Alex, what's there to talk about? Let me go I need to rest" she breath out, I know she was on the verge of crying but I needed answers.