Chapter 24

Alex's POV

I don't know why I followed Sage after she stormed out of the meeting room like that but I knew she wasn't okay especially through out the meeting, she kept shifting uncomfortably in her seat.

At first I thought it was probably her period or something but when she stormed out I knew something was up so I followed her and I was right, she was having a panic attack.

I was confused, for the first time since after Anna's incident I was confused and panicked.
I didn't know how to handle someone having a panic attack.

I tried everything but nothing was working and she was losing consciousness.

I lied, when I told her I had read something in the books about holding your breath, I lied.

I hadn't read anything, that kiss was spontaneous, I wasn't thinking straight so I did the first thing that came to mind, I kissed her and thank God it worked but now I was faced with a bigger problem.

I couldn't get it out of my head, every time I closed my eyes I felt it, I relived it.
When I kissed her I don't know what it was I felt, Sparks, fireworks, electric current, whatever it was people felt when they have that magical moment I felt it all.

It was a chaste kiss but it was enough to get me feeling so confused and utterly unstable.
I had tried to avoid her for a few days but it wasn't working, she is my PA and I'd only be complicating things and I didn't want to do that.

Right now I was getting ready to go see my therapist, she was the only one who could get me out of this mess hopefully.

I don't know if I should call it infatuation or not but ever since that kiss I've had this weird beating in my chest whenever I saw her.

Don't get me wrong, she's still the plain Sage but that kiss has messed with my head in more than one way.

I drove straight to Aisha's office and now I'm sitting across from her as she writes a few things on a piece of paper getting ready for our session.

I feel more connected to her these days, it's like she knows what's on my mind before I even say and by the looks on her face she already knows something is bothering me.

"Spill Alex, what's got your panties in such a bunch" she say trying to joke lightly.

I run my hands through my hair "I kissed her" I blurted out without even thinking.

"Wait what"? She asked surprised, she knows who I'm talking about, up till today I still haven't gotten to the point of telling her that the same girl I had been bitching about was my PA.

"How? when? no scratch that, why"? She bombarded me with questions.

I sigh loudly before going on to explain to her except the part where she's my PA, I don't tell her that for all she knows she's just someone I know.

"Okay this is interesting, how do you feel about it"? She asks me.

"I don't know honestly, I'm confused" I stop to think "it's been on my mind since then" I explain to her.

"Do you feel bad or disgusted"? She asks again

I think long and hard to see if I do feel bad but honestly I feel far from bad, I actually kind of liked it, hell I like the feeling of it.

"Honestly, no I don't feel bad or disgusted, I feel quite the opposite" I tell her truthfully.

"Would you do it again if given the chance"? She asks me the million dollar question that even I'm afraid to ask myself because I know what my answer will be.