Chapter 15

Sage's POV

I have never had to travel out on any business trip since working for the Walkers but today my boss has changed that.

As much as a trip is nice, I hate the destination he chose, of all places Italy. The one place I never want to be in, the one place I dread with all my body.

What if I bump into him, but Italy is really big so I guess that'll most likely not happen.
Right now I'm out getting things for myself and anyone can tell I'm freaking out, I'm nervous as hell

I keep looking over my shoulder because I wouldn't want to be caught unawares, I can't help but wonder why he asked me to follow him, it's not as If he needs me.

Maybe he just wants to humiliate me more, I don't even care anymore, I just want the stupid trip to be over so I can go back to hiding.

Coming here was a big risk but I knew I couldn't say no to my boss, that'll only make him pissed off and who knows what he might do.

I have his black card at hand and it surprised me how he's able to just give it to me as if it's a normal thing, of course I didn't want to take it but I also didn't want to argue with him over it.

I'm only going to get what I need and not too many expensive things.

I got all I needed and paid at the front desk, thank God I didn't even have to use my card because you never know where Dante might be looking.

This is his country and I'll be fucked if he even knows I'm here.

I'm currently heading back home in the taxi, my mind is occupied with thoughts of Dante finding me here, I can't even imagine the things he's gonna do to me.

___________________________________________

After I got back to the hotel room, I showered and had lunch, I haven't seen My boss since I got back and I didn't know if I should just order room service for him or maybe he has eaten.

I don't want him talking down on me again so I just kick again ordering for him, instead I just sit down and try to get a few things done on my computer.

I'm putting on a sweatshirt and some joggers, as much as I'll like to get comfortable here and walk around naked, I wouldn't want my boss having to gawk at my scars, they aren't really something to be proud of.

I pick up my phone and dial Aisha, she needs to know where I am, just a possibility in case Dante eventually finds me here, I cringe as such thoughts.

The phone rings for a minute before I hear shuffling on the other end indicating she has picked up.

"Sage, what are you doing calling me at such early morning" I can hear the grogginess of her voice, oh shit I forgot about the time difference.

"I'm sorry Aisha, I didn't realize it was morning over there" I say trying to apologise.

"Girl, where are you"? She asks this time her voice sounding more composed.

"My boss took me on a business trip to Italy" I tell her, she's silent for a minute before she speaks again

"Are you okay"? She asks, I know why she's asking

I just sigh and answer "I'm fine, just a little bit freaked out, I..." I'm about to tell her I'll be here a couple of days more when the door to my boss's room opens and I'm forced to end our conversation.

"I'll call you back okay, I gotta go" I rush out before ending the call and looking towards my boss who comes out wearing sweatpants and a shirt that says 'I love New York' typical New York people.