Chapter 29

Sage's POV

"Get out"!!! He barked before I scurried out of his office.

I wanted to explain myself but he didn't let me, where he got the picture I don't know but I have a clue.

Of course it's Dante and if Dante has met with Alex then he knows where I am and I need to leave California ASAP.

I was a crying mess, I tried to calm my breathing so I don't end up having a panic attack, I successfully did that and quickly pick up my bag.

It's not the time to cry, I'd explain myself to Alex when he is a bit calmer, right now I need to pick a few of my things from my apartment and go stay at a hotel until I'm sure Dante isn't here.

I rush out of my office and head straight for my apartment, if I have successfully gotten a place to stay for the night safe from Dante, then Alex and I could talk.

I got to my apartment and used my key to get in, the room was dark because I always turn off the lights before going to work every day.

I walk in and look for the switch, immediately I turned on the lights, right in the middle of my apartment stood the person I'd been running from, he had a sinister and evil smile on his face.

He hadn't changed a bit, maybe aged a little but he still frightened me to my core, the one person I never wanted to meet was here standing in front of me.

"Long time no see wife" his voice still send shivers down my spine, no this is not happening to me, not right now that I'm finally getting my life on track.

I threw my bag on the floor and tried to run but he took long strides and caught me before I could reach the door, his hands covered my mouth and his lips was dangerously close to my ears.

"I told you, you're mine Sage, you can't run from me" he whispered into my ear making me struggle to break free but he was too strong

I feel a needle prick my neck and my vision got blurry, God just kill me, the darkness consumed me.

____________________________________________

I can hear muffled noises and my head feels like it's going to explode, thank God the room is still dark

I try to move but I can't, I open my eyes gently and take a look at my body to see that I'm tied to a chair and my mouth has been duck taped, I follow the voices and see Dante talking to someone at the door.

I want to scream but as much as I know Dante, if I do scream then I'd only be putting whoever's at the door in danger so I just hold it in.

How did he even find me?
I guess that message wasn't a prank, he really did send it and I ignored it

I listen closely to know who's at the door but the voice is muffled and too far for me to even recognize it, the door closes and Dante walks back in with that stupid smile on his face.

I can't believe there was a time I thought he was handsome.

"You're up already? I thought you'd be out cold for at least a couple of hours more" he says going through my bag, he brings out my phone and turn it on.

"It seems you have a lot of messages from Alex, and calls too" he says scrolling through my phone.

I just glare at him since I can't say anything from the duck tape.

"He wants you to call him, apparently he's worried" he drops my phone on the table and just looks at me.

"Look at you, after three years, you think I won't find you"? He walks over to me and starts trailing his fingers up my face, I turn my head to avoid his touch, it disgusts me.