Chapter 26

Sage's POV

What the hell was I thinking letting my boss kiss me?
Now not only was it weird and awkward, I was avoiding him, and that was proving to be next to impossible because he's literally my boss and I had to see him everyday.

My life is fucked, officially fucked. He didn't seem bothered as much as I was, he was playing it cool and that only put me on edge.

Now we just had a conference meeting and I had to drop the minutes in his office but I didn't want to go in there while he was there, it will only be awkward.

I was currently peeping through my office door, hoping to see when he'll go out so I'll sneak in and drop it but he doesn't seem to want to go out.

I hear his door open and I'm already dancing that he's going out but he turns and starts heading my way, oh shit I need to do something and fast.

Okay the bathroom, I need to lie so I can go to the bathroom, so I quickly open my door and rush out heading towards the bathroom pretending not to see him.

"Sage" his voice stops me and I just turn towards him and muster up a smile "are you going somewhere"? He asks raising his brows at me

I just nod quickly "yes yes, the uuh.. the bathroom, I need to use the bathroom" I rush out.

He just nods and turn around heading back to his office while I head to the bathroom, I release a breath I don't know I'm holding.

This is getting crazy and I'm getting crazier
I hate that I have to avoid him but I'm nervous and I know he badly wants to talk about the kiss but I'm afraid of even talking about it.

I walk back to my office and just plop down on the chair with a huge sigh, this is gonna be a long ass day.

________________________________________

Two hours later and I've decided I'm going to go and drop the minutes for him because waiting till he goes out is next to impossible.

I'll just go in, drop it and come out no big deal
In and out Sage, no games.
God when did my life become like this.

I brush up, breath in and out before knocking on his door, and I hear his 'come in' before I stroll in trying to look confident but I was going crazy.

"Here are the minutes for today's meeting sir" I rush out handing it to him.

He takes his time to take it from me but the moment they leave my hands I turn around quickly about to leave but his voice stops me.

I mentally groan, God please help me
"Sage" he voices out and I turn to look at him

"Sit, let me go through it" he says, what's he playing at, my eyeballs literally just popped out.

He never goes through it, he's doing this on purpose, he knows I'm avoiding him and he's getting under my skin.

I gently sit on the edge of the chair uncomfortably, he opens the journal and flips through it a few pages before looking up to meet my eyes and I quickly look down.

"You know you can sit properly, I'm not gonna bite" he says huskily with a smile tugging at his lips, he finds this amusing.

I'm dying inside and he finds it amusing, I just mentally roll my eyes but I still sit the way I am.

He suddenly stops going through the minutes and drop it on his table, I can feel his eyes on me and that makes me very uncomfortable and nervous, I don't want to look up because if I do then I'll meet his eye.