ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ.. ғʀᴀᴜᴅ

HARRY REPLACED THE FLOWERS IN THE VASE next to hermione's bed and sat down, "Wish you were here, Hermione

HARRY REPLACED THE FLOWERS IN THE VASE next to hermione's bed and sat down, "Wish you were here, Hermione. We need you." Harry spoke.

"Now more than ever." Matt finished as he stood in front of the bed, Harry was rubbing her hand and saw something then pulled it out.

"What's that?" Ron and Marcie asked. "Guys, this is why Hermione was in the library the day she was attacked."

"Come on!"

"Of the many fearsome beasts that roam out land, none is more deadly than the basilisk

"Of the many fearsome beasts that roam out land, none is more deadly than the basilisk. Capable of living for hundreds of years, instant death awaits any who meet this giant serpent's eye. Spiders flee before it.." Lily read off the paper as they walked.

"Guys, this is it. The monster in the chamber of secrets is a basilisk. That's why me and Matt can hear it speak. It's a snake." The five stopped walking.

"But if it kills by looking people in the eye, why is it no one's dead?" Matt and Harry thought about it for a moment then looked at their reflection in the window.

"Because no one did look it in the eye."

"Not directly, at least." Harry spoke, "Colin saw it through his camera. Justin—" Matt turned to them, "Justin must have seen the basilisk through nearly headless Nick." They continued walking.

"Nick got the full blast of it, but he's a ghost. He couldn't die again. And Hermione.. had the mirror." Harry turned and pointed, "I bet you anything she was using it to look around corners in case it came along." Lily spoke up.

"And Mrs. Norris?" The two redheads questioned as they stopped walking, "I'm pretty sure she didn't have a camera or a mirror, Harry and Matt." Harry and Matt looked at each other in thought.

"The water.. there was water on the floor that night."

"She only saw the basilisk's reflection." The four nodded and Harry grabbed the paper from lily and looked at it, Harry moved towards the light with the others following.

"Spiders flee before it. It all fits." Harry looked up.

"But how's the basilisk been getting around?" Ron asked, "A dirty, great snake, someone would have seen it." Marcie stated making Ron nod.