Kurokawa Izana || Cancer

(≧∀≦)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Y/N is Izana's lover*

third person -

You looked at Izana, your boyfriend, as he looked back at you. No idea what was about to come for him, his smile never left his face. He then noticed that something was wrong when he realised that you were looking everywhere but him.

"Whats wrong?" he asked.

"It's time," you said to yourself as you sigh.

"I'm in love with someone else," you said as you almost gasp as you realised what you just said. If you could describe one word this situation is, it's a whole ass mess.

Izana went silent as he observed you quietly, hoping that whatever he just heard from you was a lie. Knowing you can't act like you're lying, you look him dead in the eyes as you noticed yourself tearing up.

Wiping your tears away, Izana continued to stay silent. A lot was in his mind, one of them was him questioning who could you possibly fall in love with other than him? As confident as he can be, with you, he fails miserably to see that his perfect.

You opened up your mouth wanting to apologise and tell the real truth but nothing comes out. Instead, you stood up and went to his side.

"Goodbye, Zana," you said as you gave him a soft kiss on his cheek before running out of the room.

Like magic, the kiss woke him up. He finally realised that whatever that was happening was real. Running out of the room, he chase after you as he yelled your name like a madman.

As much as your feet is telling yourself to stop, you couldn't. You just couldn't take any chances. You need to set him free before you leave this world for good. You knew he'll suffer just as much as he suffered when he got to know Shin died.

As you walked out the hideout, it felt like you could finally breathe again. As always, Kakucho's timing never fails.

Right when you walked out the hideout, Kakucho just arrived with his beloved car. You walked over to his car and opened the door, sitting down as you were about to close the door.

"Y/N, please! You can't leave me!" was the last thing you heard before slamming the door shut, breaking into tears.

Kakucho knowing what he had to do, he drove off. As he looked at his rear mirror to see Izana on the ground, crying. He looked over at you to see you sobbing, passing you the box of tissues he always have ready in the car.

"What did you say to him?" he asked.

"I said i found someone better," you laughed at the excuse you gave Izana, just so that Izana could move on.

"What? You didn't tell him about it?" Kaku raised his voice slightly.

"How am i supposed to tell him! You know him damn well to know that if he knew i'm dying, he won't take it well! I couldn't do it," you said as you thought it was a bad excuse to end the relationship.

You were mature enough to know that it was better to tell him the truth than to lie but you couldn't. You couldn't face him if he knows about it. Knowing Izana, he really won't take it well. Kakucho just sigh as he drove you to your house quietly.

"I'm sorry you have to go through this, Kaku. Thank you for dealing with me since we met each other at the orphanage. I love you so damn much," you tiredly slurred your words.

"Yeah, yeah, i love you too now go and get some rest, Y/N. You look sleepy," Kakucho said, only to be met with silence. He chuckled to himself as he decided not to disturb you and let you sleep until you reach your house.

As Kakucho parked the car at your house driveway, he called your name a few times to try and wake you up, but you didn't budge. He finds it odd as you would always wake up in an instant if someone calls your name when you're asleep but didn't mind it.

He knew you didn't get enough sleep the previous day. He was there with you as you decide that today was the day you told Izana the truth. In the end, this didn't go as planned.

"Are you seriously going to make me carry your ass into your house?" he whispered under his breathe while getting out of the car and opening the door to yours.

"Y/N-" he grew quiet, seeing your pale face made his blood run could. What made him feel worser was that your arms that was on the armrest, fell but you still didn't bulge.

Kakucho quickly bent down and put his two fingers on your wrist and another on the side of your neck as he tried to listen to your pulse.

No pulse

"No, no — Y/N! Wake up! Please, i need you to wake
up!" Kakucho said shakily, he tapped softly on your cheeks to try and wake you up but failed.

Taking off your seat belt, he carried you out of the car. He then sat on the floor with you, in his arms as your head fell back. He wrapping his arms around your cold and lifeless body, hugging you, as he began to cry out loud.

"Please, you can't leave yet — doctor! They can wake you up," he said to himself as he wiped his tears. He carried you back in your seat, not forgetting to put your seat belt on as he ran to the drivers side after closing your door.

As soon as he started the engine, he drove to the nearest hospital. Carrying you in as the nurse took over and they did their job but it was no use. You were already gone.

Apologising before they left your side, leaving Kakucho on the seat as he stared into blank space until his phone rang. He took his phone out and saw Ran's name on it.

"What the hell happened here? Izana is making a huge mess! And Y/N? She found another man?!" Ran shouted on the phone.

"Get Izana here, Y/N's gone. Hospital XXX," he answered and ended the call without listening to whatever he has to say.

Within 30 minutes, the Haitani brothers arrived with Izana. They ran towards Kakucho as soon as they saw him.

"What's the meaning of this?" Izana asked as he grabbed Kakucho's collar, pulling him closer.

"She didn't found someone new, she had cancer," Kakucho said, trying not to be dry as he was still mourning for his bestfriend's death.

"And you didn't bother telling me this earlier?!" he shouted but not as loud as to cause a scene.

"Zana, it wasn't my place to say it. It was y/n's decision and i had to respect it, be it you're my boss or not. She was supposed to tell you earlier but she couldn't bring herself to do so," Kakucho answered as he removed Izana's hand off him.

He then pull the curtains open and reveal y/n that was peacefully "sleeping". Izana didn't say anything else and walked in as the Haitani brother's took his place.

As Izana walked towards you, his comrades observe him quietly. They didn't expect to see their boss breaking down almost immediately.

"Y/N, why did you kept it from me," Izana cried as he held your hand.

"I could've managed my time and spend more time with you," he cried again as he fell to the floor, still holding onto your hand.

"Please, Y/N, you've got to wake up. I haven't even put a ring on the fourth finger of your left hand yet," he cried even more.

His comrades watched their boss as they blink their tears away, not wanting to look weak in front of their boss.

They couldn't help but cry even more, knowing they lost someone they adore so much. Ever since Tenjiku was created, you never fail to leave their side. Always supporting them in everything they do.

Never fail to bring snacks to the headquarters whenever it gets busy, saying that they shouldn't skip meals. Making sure they also take care of their health before upcoming battles or fights.

Now that you're gone..

Who's going to take care of their well-being?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

~ The End ~