Chapter 18

Ekim: Only one solution? What is it?
Ekim said with a trembling tone that saddened Kanat.
Kanat: Marrying me!
Ekim's eyes widened, and she laughed sarcastically and in shock.
Ekim: Are you serious? Despite everything we're going through, you expect me to accept marriage so easily? Who gave you the impression that I would agree, Kanat?
Kanat held her hand and raised it, showing her the ring.
Kanat: The ring on your finger! You haven't taken it off. I know you love me, Ekim. And I love you too, so please set aside your ego and give us a chance to build a better life with our daughter.
Ekim: What about your mother? She won't accept it.
Kanat: You didn't say that when I proposed to you, Ekim! You know that my mom won't be a problem.
Ekim remained silent for a moment, then looked at him again.

Ekim: But I don't want to, Kanat! You're threatening me, do you realize that?
Kanat became angry and resorted to his stubbornness once again.
Kanat: I'm tired, Ekim! Now you have to decide. Either marry me and live together with Ayla, or I'll begin the process of taking Ayla tomorrow.
Ekim: You can't be that cruel!
Kanat: You're the one forcing me, Ekim!
Ekim swallowed, feeling confused. She knew that if it went to court, she would lose. Kanat was stronger and wealthier. And no matter how right she was, money solves everything. She put on a stern expression.
Ekim: You know that if this happens, I will never accept or forgive you, right?
Kanat: You'll understand that it was the best decision for us and Ayla.

Ekim looked at him with a disappointed gaze that shattered his heart. He wanted to hug her and apologize, but he knew that her stubbornness wouldn't end easily, and he wanted to be near her and Ayla as soon as possible. Ekim gathered her things and left. Kanat tried to stop her, but she ignored him and got into a taxi. When she arrived home, Alanur saw her state and became worried.
Alanur: Honey, what's going on? Come, have a seat!
Ekim sat down while rubbing her fingers, and a few tears lingered in her eyes.
Alanur: What happened? What's this box? Did you argue with Kanat again?
Ekim: He forced me to marry him!
Alanur: What?
Ekim told Alanur everything. Alanur's expression shifted from shock to softness and understanding.

Ekim: I can't understand how he could be like that! He's literally forcing me!
Alanur: I see. Look, Ekim, I know hearing this from me might be strange, but I think it's the right decision for Ayla. You're a mother now, and mothers always make sacrifices for their children. Although I can see that you love him and you're inclined towards this decision, Kanat is not a bad person, Ekim! He genuinely wants to be with his daughter, and that's his right. You also can't let her grow up as an orphan while her father is still alive or be raised apart from him. You know firsthand how difficult it is. No matter how much I tried to fill that void, I was never enough.
Ekim started crying and hugged her mother. Alanur's eyes began to well up, but she composed herself.
Ekim: I love you so much!
Alanur: I love you too, silly girl! Now, think carefully about this decision for your daughter. It's your first test as a mother.

Ekim broke the hug and smiled at her mother. Alanur went to the kitchen, and Ekim went to Ayla's side. Ayla was sleeping, so Ekim started gently caressing her hair while deep in thought. She recalled all the moments with Kanat and Ayla, even before knowing that he was her father. She knew that he was the right person for her and Ayla. Ekim took out her phone and looked at the picture of Kanat and Ayla on the day of Ayla's vaccination, as well as pictures of them at the mall and many others. She looked at Ayla once again and then started writing a message to Kanat.
Ekim: I've thought about it, and I accept!
She didn't have to wait long because a response came immediately.
Kanat: That's great to hear. I'll inform my family today and take you and Ayla tomorrow so that you can meet them.

Ekim saw the message and set the phone aside. She sighed helplessly but smiled at the same time.
The next morning, Ekim prepared herself and Ayla. She was so worried and sat with her mother until Kanat arrived.
Alanur: Ekim, stop shaking your legs, for God's sake! You're making me nervous!
Ekim: I'm so worried and confused! What if his mother does or says something?
Alanur: Of course she won't, it's her son, Ekim! And even if she did, Kanat wouldn't let her humiliate you. I'm sure of it.
At that moment, Kanat called to let her know that he had arrived. Ekim picked up Ayla and left. Kanat met her outside, hugging and kissing Ayla before Ekim got into the car. He handed Ayla back to her and started driving to his house.
Kanat: I'm surprised you accepted that quickly.