Chapter 20

Ekim looked confused and shocked.
Ekim: Where did you find it?
Alanur: In the place where you hid it! Didn't you put it in the bathroom cabinet?
Ekim: Mom, can you please stop shouting and sit down so we can talk?
Alanur looked at Ayla, who had already started crying because of her loud voice.
Alanur: Put Ayla in her bed and come here! Come on!
Ekim entered helplessly and put Ayla in her bed, then went out again to find Alanur sitting at the dining table, waiting for her.
Alanur: Why are you so stupid, Ekim? Haven't you learned from what happened with Ayla? Ayla even is still being breastfed!!!
Ekim remained silent until Alanur finished.
Ekim: Have you finished?
Alanur: Yes, Mrs. Ekim!
Ekim: This test is not mine!
Alanur: Whose will it be for then? For me? Or for Aziz!!!

Ekim looked at Alanur as if to say, "Are you forgetting someone?"
Alanur: Leyla? Why would Leyla put it here?
Ekim: I don't know, but what I do know is that this test is not mine.
As they were talking, the doorbell rang and Leyla called from outside the door. Alanur quickly hid the test, and Ekim opened the door.
Leyla: Good evening! What's wrong? Are you okay?
Ekim: Hmm, I'm fine. Did you have dinner?
Leyla: Not yet!
Ekim: Okay, let's have it together! I made the soup you love.
Leyla sat down, and Alanur started silently putting the dishes, which made Leyla feel strange. She was about to ask if something happened, but she couldn't bear the smell of the soup any longer and rushed to the toilet. Ekim and Alanur looked at each other, and then Ekim followed her. She gathered her hair while patting her back.

Ekim: Are you okay? Do you want to go to the hospital?
Leyla: No, no, there's no need. I just caught the flu, maybe that's why.
Ekim didn't answer but looked at Leyla sadly, which made Leyla suspect that Ekim already knows. She looked at the cabinet and found it open, confirming her suspicion. Tears filled Leyla's eyes, so Ekim helped her up and they returned to the dining table.
Leyla: You both knew, didn't you?
Alanur: This means it's really yours, right?
Leyla's tears streamed down her face, and Alanur hugged her.
Alanur: Ugh, Leyla, ugh! I thought you were more reasonable than Ekim, but it seems you're just as foolish as her.
Ekim: Mom!
Ekim said, trying to stop her mother's hurtful words, which made Leyla cry even more. After Leyla calmed down, Alanur broke the hug.

Ekim: Why didn't you tell me? How could you hide something like that from me? Don't you trust me?
Leyla: I found out two days ago! I was shocked and scared and didn't know what to do or say. I'm sorry.
Alanur: Why did you leave the test here then? For Aziz to see it?
Leyla: No! I put it with the first aid kit because it's not opened often. I couldn't keep it at my house because I'm scared that grandmother would find it. I don't know what to do, I'm so overwhelmed!
Ekim held Leyla's hand while Alanur thought for a moment.
Alanur: Okay, enough! Don't cry anymore. We will figure this out.
Leyla/Ekim: How?
Alanur: You'll have an abortion. Without anyone knowing. I know it sounds harsh to say that, but you're too young, and I don't want you to repeat Ekim's mistake. Plus, Aziz is not ready to have a child or start a family. He can't even find stable work to support a family. I can't let you live such a difficult life, Leyla. You're still too young.

Alanur spoke with tearful eyes and a shaky tone, remembering her own life when she married the man she thought she loved and had Ekim and Aziz. She recalled the difficulties she faced raising them alone due to their father's negativity and carelessness until he passed away. Ekim looked at her mother sadly, knowing she was right, but also feeling conflicted about accepting Alanur's opinion. Just as Ekim was about to speak up to object, Leyla interrupted.
Leyla: I agree! I want to have an abortion.
Ekim: Leyla!!! Please think about it again.
Leyla: I have thought about it, Ekim! It's the right choice. Aziz and I are not even talking to each other. Aunt Alanur, please make the arrangements and let me know the date, okay?
Alanur nodded sadly. The three of them were battling with their thoughts, but they held each other's hands to draw strength from one another.