Chapter 16

Kanat looked surprised when he saw Seher holding the test in her hand, looking angry. He went over and angrily took the paper from her.
Kanat: Are you searching in my room?
Seher: Isn't it my right, Kanat? Aren't you my son?
Kanat: But I'm not a teenager for you to search my room like you're looking for cigarettes or drugs! That's nonsense from you!
Seher: Be polite with your mother, Kanat! Did this girl make you lose your mind?
Kanat: Enough! I don't want to talk anymore, or I'll be really impolite!
Seher: I won't leave until you tell me everything! Got it? Or I will tell your father!
Kanat: I'm not scared; he'll know sooner or later! When Ekim becomes my wife, Ayla will be acknowledged as my daughter anyway!
Seher: So, you mean this test is for you and this girl? Did she approach you just to give you a daughter from an unknown person and steal your money?

Can't you imagine that she might fake these results?
Kanat: Are you finished? She doesn't even know about this test! She doesn't know that I already knew about Ayla.
Seher laughed sarcastically.
Seher: She doesn't know? Then why didn't you tell her? To see her true face when she finds out that you know the truth and make it easier for her to steal your money?
Kanat: Because she's scared that I might take Ayla away from her! She's scared! I can't confess such an important thing because of my past mistakes! I've ruined her life and our daughter's life just because of my reckless behavior. So stop insulting and humiliating her anymore, because it was me who put her in these situations and made you and other people judge her as promiscuous just because she's a single mother with a daughter from someone like me!

Seher looked at him in shock, unsure of what to say. Despite knowing that he was right, the promises she made to her sister and Melisa created a barrier between her and accepting their relationship and daughter. Seher left the room, and Kanat felt upset about losing his temper with his mother, but he also felt the need to protect Ekim's dignity.
The next morning, Melisa was sitting at the dining table with her parents.
Ali: Are you just going to stay depressed in your fucking room like that?
Melisa raised her head to look at her father, who seemed unconcerned about her mental state.
Melisa: What am I supposed to do?
Ali: At least go to the company! Meet Eda or call her to talk about anything related to work! It's enough that you failed to go through with the marriage anyway!

Melisa: He said he didn't want me and returned the ring! What else could I have done?
Ali: You were the one who caused all this! You shouldn't have brought up his relationship with that girl. But of course, you're so stupid that you ended the engagement earlier.
Melisa: He would have ended the engagement at any time before the wedding. And did you ever think about what he would do if he found out about your plan to scandalize him?
Ali: By that time, you would have been married and possibly even pregnant, so he wouldn't have left you! But now all his money will go to another woman and her daughter!
Melisa: Why don't you try to consider my dignity? I won't try to go back to him again, okay?
Melisa angrily got up, ignoring her father's loud voice.

Ali: You will, Melisa! Got it? You will!
Zehra: Don't force her, Ali!
Ali: You shut up, Zehra! And you couldn't control your sister either!
Zehra also got up angrily, and Ali remained alone, finishing his breakfast.
Ekim was getting ready for work. She kissed Ayla and then headed downstairs where Kanat was waiting for her. She got into the car and kissed his cheek.
Kanat: Good morning!
Ekim: Good morning! I think we have a lot of work today. We didn't go yesterday!
Kanat: It's okay, we'll handle it together.
Ekim smiled and placed her hand on his. They arrived at the company, and Ekim asked to enter alone to avoid arousing suspicion. There was a lot of work, and Ekim was busy in her office while Kanat was occupied as well. After a while, Ayşe entered Ekim's office.

Ayşe: Hello, Ekim! How's everything going?
Ekim: Good, Ayşe! What about you?
Ayşe: Same here! Anyway, I was delivering coffee for Mr. Kanat, and he asked me to tell you to go see him.
Ekim: Okay, Ayşe! Thank you.
Ayşe left, and Ekim tidied up her desk before heading to Kanat's office. She knocked on the door and entered, finding him standing and looking out the window.
Ekim: Kanat?
Kanat turned to her and approached, closing the door. He pulled her into his arms and began whispering against her skin.
Kanat: I missed you!
Ekim laughed and hugged him.
Ekim: Me too.
After a few moments, Kanat broke the hug and gently pulled her to sit on his lap.
Ekim: Kan-
Kanat: Shhh! Just stay like this!