Chapter 10

Ekim looked at the faces staring at her, confused and scared about how her decision would impact not only her life but also the lives of others.
Ozan: Ekim? I'm waiting for your response!
Ekim returned her gaze to Ozan, seeing his pleading eyes. She nodded her head helplessly, which made Ozan laugh and put the ring on her finger. He then got up and hugged her, carrying her and spinning her around as people clapped. He finally put her back on the ground but still hugged her. Ekim now faced Kanat, who was pressing hard on the glass that was about to break. She looked at him with teary eyes, then at her family, who disapproved, especially Alanur.

A few moments later, Ekim broke the hug. Ozan smiled at her, and then they turned to the people who came to greet them. Kanat, Melisa, and Hazal went to greet them too. Kanat extended his hand to Ozan.
Kanat: Congratulations!
Ozan: Thank you, Kanat!
Ozan said smiling, so Kanat tried to smile too. He then turned to Ekim, and his smile turned into an angry and disgusted look.
Kanat: Congratulations, Ekim!
Ekim: Thank you, Kan... Mr. Kanat!
Kanat kept holding her hand for a moment while Melisa congratulated Ozan. He then left her hand and kept staring at her. Melisa greeted her too, then took Kanat back to the table. Hazal extended her hand to Ozan, seeming sad, but she smiled.

Hazal: Congratulations, guys! I wish you happiness!
Ekim: Thank you, Hazal!
Hazal smiled at her and left. Ekim left Ozan and went to say with her family. The gazes between her and Kanat were not broken until Alanur spoke.
Alanur: Ms. Ekim? What was that? How could you do such a thing, silly?
Ekim: What could I do, Mom? I couldn't embarrass him in front of all those people.
Aziz: But throwing yourself into hell is so easy?
Leyla: And not only you, Ekim!
Ekim looked at Kanat nervously, then turned to them again.
Ekim: I'll solve it, I'll solve it after the party.
Alanur: Tonight, Ekim!! You'll solve it before going home, did you hear? I won't bear talking to this woman about both of you!

Ekim nodded and waited for the party to end. The party finally came to an end, and people started leaving. Ozan was greeting them at the door, while Kanat was still sitting, drinking the last part of his glass. He then got up with his family and looked at Ekim for the last time before leaving. Ekim waited until almost all people had left and then went to Ozan.
Ekim: Ozan, we need to talk!
Ozan greeted the man who was standing with him, and Ekim took him out of the building.
Ozan: What's wrong, Ekim?
Ekim: What's wrong? Actually, what's right, Ozan? How could you put me in this situation?
Ozan: What situation, Ekim?
Ekim: Don't act stupid, Ozan!! You know what I'm talking about! Why did you do such a thing without asking or taking my opinion?

Ozan: I... I thought you would be happy, like you were happy in the past because of the least thing I do!
Ekim: It's in the past, Ozan!! I was in high school! And it's not a childish thing like we did in the past, it's a marriage, Ozan!!!
Ozan: Ekim, are you still angry because of my going? I apologized and proposed to you in front of all people. You can't erase me just because of this fault!
Ekim got angry, and her voice became loud.
Ekim: And it wasn't my fucking fault that you decided to obey your mother and leave me like that, despite knowing that she hates me and would do anything just to leave me!!
Ozan: Please calm down, okay. I'm sorry.
Ekim: Ozan, listen, I didn't want to break your heart inside, but I really can't do it. You're still so valuable to me, but I can't marry you, I don't feel these childish feelings anymore.

Ozan: Ekim, what do you mean?
Ekim took off the ring and gave it to him.
Ekim: I'm sorry, Ozan! I can't do it.
Ozan took the ring while looking at her.
Ozan: Is there someone else, Ekim?
Ekim thought for a moment.
Ekim: It's not related to someone's existence or not, it's just my feelings towards you. Please understand me.
Ozan looked at Ekim sadly then turned to leave. Ekim kept standing there, looking at him going. She turned to the voice she heard behind her.
Kanat: Why did you lie?
Ekim: What?
Kanat: You said he is an old friend, but it clarified to be something more! How could you lie this much, Ekim! You really amazed me more!
Ekim: Kanat, I...