Chapter 17

Kanat noticed tears streaming down Ekim's face and immediately rushed towards her, concerned.
Kanat: Ekim, what happened? Why are you crying?
Ekim couldn't speak, her voice choked with emotion. She handed the phone to Kanat, who quickly read the messages from Seher. Kanat's expression turned to anger and frustration as he realized the situation. He looked at Ekim's face, which displayed tangled emotions of fear, anger, and depression.
Kanat: Ekim...
Ekim: When did you find out?
Kanat helplessly answered.
Kanat: A few days ago.
Ekim looked at him angrily and quickly got up, trying to collect her clothes from the floor. She rushed to the bathroom, with Kanat attempting to stop her, but she pulled her arm away and closed the door.

He opened the wardrobe and grabbed some comfortable clothes to give her instead of the dress. He knocked on the door several times, but she refused to open it.
Kanat: Ekim, open this damn door!! I just want to give you different clothes!
Ekim opened the door briefly to take them, then closed it again. Kanat sat on the bed, holding the phone with anger, reading the messages, and then angrily threw the phone onto the bed. At that moment, Ekim emerged and headed towards the door to leave, but Kanat stopped her and locked the door.
Ekim: Open the door! I don't want to stay here. Open it!!!
Kanat: STOP, FIRST!!! What's wrong with you? Why all this anger?
Ekim: Anger? You lied to me!!!! You were playing me all this time just to take Ayla away from me!

Kanat: What nonsense are you saying? Stop this damn-
Ekim: Nonsense? Then why didn't you tell me? Huh!!!! Why did you let me talk and share my story while you already knew? Did you enjoy making me look foolish in front of you?
Kanat: You said you were scared!!! I didn't want you to worry. Is it so hard for you to believe?
Ekim: You're a liar!
Kanat: Am I a liar? And what about you, Ekim? You've been lying to me all this time since we met, but I'm not accusing you. Just because I kept it hidden that I knew the girl you were hiding IS MY DAUGHTER, you're calling me a liar and shouting!! Show some sense!!!
Ekim: Don't you dare approach me or my daughter again! I won't let you take her from me, okay? Neither you, your mother, nor anyone else in this damn world can take her!

Kanat: If I wanted to take her from you, I could do it in the blink of an eye. So don't push me to do something like that, Ekim.
Ekim: Are you threatening me?
Kanat: It's just a warning! You can't take my daughter away from me either.
Ekim: What daughter? Where were you all that time? Why should I pay for your irresponsibility? Where were you when I was pregnant, alone and not even knowing your name! Where were you when I gave birth? Where were you when I faced people's judgment as I returned with a baby in my arms? Where were you for her first movement or her first understandable word? You weren't there, Kanat!! Got it? You weren't there! So you need to stay away from us and go find another baby from another woman you slept with! Because I won't let you or your family near her!

Kanat: Why are you speaking as if I'm your enemy? I didn't hurt you! I never even tried to force you into anything!! I hid this from you because of all this, but I never imagined you would create such a dramatic scene over something like this.
Ekim: Something like this? Do you see it as a trivial matter? YOU LIED TO ME!
Kanat: Please, stop this, for God's sake, Ekim! If I counted all the lies you've told since we met, you wouldn't come out looking any better!
Ekim: It's all because of you! Why would my daughter be connected to you as her biological father, when you have all these scandals and shameless actions?
Kanat's disappointed gaze made Ekim reconsider her harsh and cruel words.
Kanat: Do you truly see me this way? Do you think I would tarnish my daughter's name and life?
Ekim: Kanat, I didn't mean to-

Kanat: Then why did you agree to marry me? In any case, I would be her stepfather, and my scandals would still affect her! I think you didn't carefully consider this decision, Ekim!
Ekim: You... Are you trying to shift the blame in your favor? It doesn't change the fact that you lied to me!
Kanat: Fuck! Enough with repeating this, Ekim! You know that you're more wrong than me. Put aside your ego and face the truth! I didn't force you into anything that night. It was by your own will, so you also made a mistake just like me. And I didn't leave you when I found out you were pregnant. I left because I always take precautions, and I don't know how this happened. But what I do know is that you're just as mistaken as I am. And if someone else were here, and after hearing about me, they would describe it in a much worse way!