Chapter 11

Melisa: What the heck are you doing?
Ekim freaked out and Kanat looked coldly at Melisa. He was about to speak, but Ekim quickly interrupted him.
Ekim: Melisa, it's not what you think! We were just talking.
Kanat looked at Ekim angrily.
Melisa: Just talking? That close? Are you kidding me?
Kanat: Enough! Mind your own business, Melisa.
Melisa: Excuse me? This is my business, Kanat. You're my fiancé!
Ekim looked at Kanat, remembering that Melisa was right - he was engaged to another woman!
Ekim: I'm sorry, I'll go now.
Ekim left the office under Kanat's angry and questioning gaze. Melissa turned to him after Ekim closed the door.
Melisa: Yes, Kanat? I'm listening!
Kanat: I have nothing to say. She told you already.

Kanat said while sitting in his chair. Melisa took a deep breath in anger and sat in front of him.
Melisa: Anyway, Eda told me about Ozan's trip.
Kanat: Eda? She wasn't in the...Burak, right?
Melisa: Yes! Why wouldn't you tell me, Kanat?
Kanat looked at her wryly. Meanwhile, in Ekim's office, she was sitting and thinking about what to do. She called Leyla to tell her about the trip.
Leyla: Really? Oh, I'm so excited! Finally, I'll go somewhere alone with Aziz.
Ekim: What do you mean alone, Leyla? We'll all be going with you. And do you think Aziz will come?
Leyla: He will. I'll convince him with all my might. If he insists on refusing, I'll end this relationship.
Kanat entered Ekim's office while she was on the phone.
Ekim: Leyla, I have to go now. See you at home!
Ekim put the phone down on the table and looked at Kanat nervously.

Kanat: Why did you leave me there? Why didn't you wait for me to tell her everything?
Ekim: Because it's not right! It's not right, Kanat! Everything happened so fast. I don't even know when your feelings towards me grew. And you're engaged! You're engaged, and I'm living a love story with you despite the fact that you're already committed to someone else! Do you know how people will look at me when they find out? Even if you leave Melisa, they will always see me as the mistress who caused your relationship to fall apart. And, of course, after they find out that I'm a single mother, they will...
Kanat: Enough, Ekim! Enough! What will make you feel better now? What do you want?
Ekim: I don't know!
Kanat: Call me when you figure it out then!
Kanat said and angrily left the office. Ekim looked at him, surprised.

Ekim: He didn't even ask me to calm down or tell me that he wants me?
Ekim sat, knowing that Kanat had every right to be angry, but she was also annoyed that he didn't console her or tell her that he loved her as she wanted. Ekim sighed and started working. Kanat sent her a message that she could leave early as he would stay longer. Ekim went home and sat with Alanur and Leyla, holding Ayla on her lap and feeding her. She told them what had happened today.
Leyla: Ekim, why did you do that? Why didn't you wait for him to tell her that you're together?
Ekim: You're forgetting that she's his fiancée, not me! I can't be that rude.
Alanur: Or did you want him to show some more affection towards you?

Ekim looked at Alanur, shocked, and tried to avoid eye contact.
Alanur: See? I knew it. Don't I know my daughter?
Ekim looked at her wryly and imitated her mother's tone.
Ekim: Don't I know my daughter!
Alanur playfully hit her shoulder hard.
Ekim: Ouch!
Leyla: Anyway, guys, we should get ready for the trip!
Ekim: I'm thinking of not coming. How could I leave Ayla?
Alanur: Why are you talking as if you're leaving her with a stranger?
Ekim: Can you take care of her alone?
Alanur laughed sarcastically.
Alanur: Silly girl! You're forgetting that I've been taking care of her almost since she was born! You just feed her, Ekim. Even that I do when you're not here!
Ekim: Okay, Mom! You're the superwoman, got it!

Ekim said laughingly, and Leyla laughed too, agreeing with Alanur.
Leyla: Let's go out tomorrow to buy things for the trip! I'm so excited!
Leyla said excitedly while Ekim and Alanur looked at her with dull eyes.
For the next two days, Kanat avoided Ekim as much as possible and only talked to her about work. He also told her to come to the company directly and not to his home as they had done in the past. Ekim told Leyla about it when they met after work. Leyla advised her to be patient and wait until the trip to reconcile.
They did some shopping and bought many things. They went home to rest before leaving the next morning. The following morning, Ekim and Leyla got ready to leave. They met Aziz, whom Leyla had been convincing to come with them for the past two days, leaving his room. Alanur was carrying Ayla in her arms, so Ekim went and took her.